+ Reply to Thread
Page 714 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047127137147157167247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 14756

Thread: OK, What's For Lunch or Tea Today?

I'm Grant.

not this time.. got enough fresh pasta for now... didnt have the good stuff in stock so left it for now.. not got a lot of pasta food anyway
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Steak for tonight. Just conditioning temp wise..

Was going to have veg with it but ended up cutting too many chips.
    Veg can do tomorrow.. Lol

according to code it was cut etc by ST MERRYN MEAT LTD of Merthyr Tydfil. supplied to me by Donald Russell Scotland..

Label is obscuring which cut of Ribeye it is but i suspect it is short loin.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looks good, but I don't get the Merthyr Tydfil bit... It's supposed to be 100% Scottish produce!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

origin is uk.. code 7176 relates to that meat processing estabishment.. At least its all there and traceable.. got it out of packet now.. it looks nice and Looks like chuck end of ribeye(the best bit)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah but for me the origin should be Scotland. It's sold and marketed as being Scottish produce, so stuff shouldn't be coming from bloody South Wales! How does that improve freshness?

When I go to my local butcher, I'm buying meat from 10 mins up the road in a farm in North Wales, so I know it's as fresh as it possibly can be, and if I lived in Scotland, I'd expect the same, in terms of its Scottish provenance.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy your steak, but I personally won't be buying anything else from DR (not that I have for ages anyway), as it's patently not what it says it is.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Looks nice.. Might be Scottish beef, but the pro easing was done in Wales.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Looks nice.. Might be Scottish beef, but the pro easing was done in Wales.
    Sorry, what's "pro easing"?

My point is, mate, the WHOLE PROCESS from start to finish should've been done in Scotland, as that's the image that the company portrays - and their stuff (at full price) isn't exactly cheap.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry, what's "pro easing"?

My point is, mate, the WHOLE PROCESS from start to finish should've been done in Scotland, as that's the image that the company portrays - and their stuff (at full price) isn't exactly cheap.

Marco.
    totally concur. but you read label.. here are the eec no's.. should have been processing..lol

steak was cooked to 66c
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

well site doesnt say scottish meat etc.. was a lovely flavoured steak
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    totally concur. but you read label.. here are the eec no's.. should have been processing..lol
    No worries. See here: https://www.donaldrussell.com/about-us

...and I quote: "We hold a Royal Warrant and are renowned for the quality of our hand cut steaks and roasts. Our small team of Aberdeenshire butchers made our name serving some of the most prestigious hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants worldwide."

So you wonder why can't the whole lot be done in Aberdeen [for me the bit in bold and the subsequent purported quality and freshness of using LOCAL, i.e. Scottish, produce is the KEY selling point], and why instead the meat has to go to a processing plant in South Wales? When I buy steaks from my local butcher, the meat hasn't been for a tour around the UK!

The question I'd ask be asking them is *exactly* where is the meat being sourced from and exactly what the role is of their "small team of Aberdeenshire butchers" in the whole process...?

It's a major bugbear of mine when I'm being sold something that is fundamentally different from what I was expecting. Despite what it says in their website in black and white, Donald Russell pitches itself as being Scottish, and indeed as "Scotland's Finest Butcher", so that's where their produce should come from. End of.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread