+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AT95ex vs AT95e

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I notice that the AT95ex and Goldring E3 stylus have exactly the same specification and as the Goldring maybe built by AT they are probably both using the same stylus? They use a super elliptical stylus measuring 0.3 x 0.7 ml.
    Also the new VM95E uses the same stylus but with a much improved body at about half the price of the E3 - has anybody compared them?
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Also the new VM95E uses the same stylus but with a much improved body at about half the price of the E3 - has anybody compared them?
    I would like to compare the ATVM95E with the AT95E, they have the same stylus but different output and internals. However the cartridge that has drawn my attention is the ATVM95SH, now that would be interesting!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm James.

Curiosity got the better of me and as in all things hifi my interest in the AT95e has taken me down yet another rabbit hole. I have found this amusing and enthusiastic review of the AT VM95SH and it makes for interesting reading and contemplation of a cheaper alternative possibly to the mighty 2M Black FGS!

Take a read.

https://theaudiofiles.co.uk/vm95-car...-range-review/
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm malcolm.

I have and have had a lot of AT95Es, have rebodied lots and also used the styli in K9s. I bought a VM95ML a while back and it is a definite improvement in detail, tightness and sound stage.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm James.

The VM95ML looks interesting and a good price for a ML stylus. However I think I would go straight to the SH if I go for a VM95.

I'm Chris.

Curiosity got the better of me and as in all things hifi my interest in the AT95e has taken me down yet another rabbit hole. I have found this amusing and enthusiastic review of the AT VM95SH and it makes for interesting reading and contemplation of a cheaper alternative possibly to the mighty 2M Black FGS!

Take a read.

https://theaudiofiles.co.uk/vm95-car...-range-review/
    Will be very interested in findings seeing as I have lots of 95(xx's) and have messed with bodies/styli to lesser of greater effect.

Have a real soft spot for nearly all Audio Technica's. Always good sound, always great value. Good luck I'm sure the SH will be a no lose bet!

Got to love an MC slaying MM!!
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm steve.

Audio Technica do make excellent cartridges, often forgotten is they make stonkingly good sounding and good value Moving Coil cartridges, the ATF7 I have on my main system turntable, a Rega Planar 3 is a very underrated and rarely considered cartridge that performs and sounds superb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    Will be very interested in findings seeing as I have lots of 95(xx's) and have messed with bodies/styli to lesser of greater effect.

Have a real soft spot for nearly all Audio Technica's. Always good sound, always great value. Good luck I'm sure the SH will be a no lose bet!

Got to love an MC slaying MM!!

Which 95 combination did you like best?

I'm Chris.

Which 95 combination did you like best?
    I have a 95ex stylus in a wooden body. The stylus is trimmed (removed plastic part around cantilever) and the shell of the cartridge has been put in a wooden body.

Some pics here:IMAG1710.jpgIMAG1712.jpgIMAG1713.jpgIMAG1714.jpgIMAG1700.jpg

Sounds very good to me. Makes the unmodified one (which I also have a spare of) sound a tad veiled and that is no slouch as it is.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    I have a 95ex stylus in a wooden body. The stylus is trimmed (removed plastic part around cantilever) and the shell of the cartridge has been put in a wooden body.

Some pics here:IMAG1710.jpgIMAG1712.jpgIMAG1713.jpgIMAG1714.jpgIMAG1700.jpg

Sounds very good to me. Makes the unmodified one (which I also have a spare of) sound a tad veiled and that is no slouch as it is.
    Looks good. Where did you get the wood body from?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast