+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone buying vinyl?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Still buying a bit, but all my vinyl gear is in storage so I’ve nothing to play it on at the moment lol.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Still buying a bit, but all my vinyl gear is in storage so I’ve nothing to play it on at the moment lol.
    After changing my turntable, I’m now in the process of bringing the rest of my vinyl out of storage, which has been interesting, finding a few dodgy purchases and some I had forgotten I had bought.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm James.

I still buy vinyl but quite selective over what I buy. I buy old and new depending on what I am looking for. I found some second hand old vinyl in even better condition than new!. Modern pressings are very much hit and miss I am afraid.

I only listen to digital music via Spotify which I use for research.

You would be surprised how many hifi journalists and reviewers listen to vinyl and still buy records.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I still buy vinyl but quite selective over what I buy. I buy old and new depending on what I am looking for. I found some second hand old vinyl in even better condition than new!. Modern pressings are very much hit and miss I am afraid.

I only listen to digital music via Spotify which I use for research.

You would be surprised how many hifi journalists and reviewers listen to vinyl and still buy records.
    I agree new vinyl is very much hit and miss
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Martin.

Been buying the Blue Note Tone Poet series as well as the 80th anniversaries too. That soon adds up along with the other stuff I buy too so my answer is definitely yes....

I'm Neil.

Yes, but not often. Last vinyl I bought was Tosca - No Hassle, Rain Tree Crow, Donna Summer - love to love you Baby.
    Regards Neil

I'm neil.

Yes, but not often. Last vinyl I bought was Tosca - No Hassle, Rain Tree Crow, Donna Summer - love to love you Baby.

Rain Tree Crow - Fantastic album !
    I buy vinyl all the time - New and Old it's all I bother with, apart from warming up the valves with a laptop playing Youtube or iTunes library

I'm Matt.

I've had to rein it in a bit with new vinyl, there was more music I wanted to buy than money I had to pay for it! Now I use Qobuz to help ration the spending.

Last couple of years I shudder to think what I've spent on new vinyl.

I'm Rob.

Since I put a new arm on my turntable, I've been buying vinyl again. Mostly second hand, but some new too. I'm loving playing records. I have a decent streaming system, and buy FLAC files regularly too. I even still buy CD.
    I've always wanted to avoid being limited by the media I can play, when getting hold of the music I want to listen to. I've never been someone who has only one source in their system.

I still have minidisc and cassette players in my home office system, but haven't bought any media for them for a long time.
    Rob.