I'm Grant.

Default Technics new system

This seems to be pretty decent.
    About 3k plus tho.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2022/...em-review/?amp
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Spanning the gap between 'lifestyle product' and serious audio. A nice looking and compact do-it-all system and a decent t/t. I bet it sells well. I could do with something idiot-proof like that, but I'm a sucker for punishment
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Think what you could get for £3K second hand though.

I think the styling is a bit bland. It's Technics, so I want to see lots of switches and buttons, level meters, and badges saying things like 'Full Feed-Forward Super Class AA Turbo'

No wonder that retro styling is a thing, most of this modern stuff looks identical and boring, regardless of brand or price. A bit like modern cars.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Think what you could get for £3K second hand though.

I think the styling is a bit bland. It's Technics, so I want to see lots of switches and buttons, level meters, and badges saying things like 'Full Feed-Forward Super Class AA Turbo'

No wonder that retro styling is a thing, most of this modern stuff looks identical and boring, regardless of brand or price. A bit like modern cars.
    I quite like my next door neighbour's Technics system, the CD drawer has MASH printed on the front, which makes me think off my favourite kind of potatoes.

We might like knobs switches and dials, but Technics will have done their research on this, and I'm betting the potential buyers they're targeting will want clean, unfussy tech that's compact enough to leave room for the 85" flatscreen telly and their giant wooden "LOVE" paperweight.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Alan.

You're so on the ball here Steve, have you been taking classes?
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I quite like my next door neighbour's Technics system, the CD drawer has MASH printed on the front, which makes me think off my favourite kind of potatoes.

We might like knobs switches and dials, but Technics will have done their research on this, and I'm betting the potential buyers they're targeting will want clean, unfussy tech that's compact enough to leave room for the 85" flatscreen telly and their giant wooden "LOVE" paperweight.
    MASH i think stands for 'Multi Stage Noise Shaping'

ps i love the love
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    You're so on the ball here Steve, have you been taking classes?
    Nah, it's just visiting countless houses in the course of my work.

The ones occupied by young benefits (workshy) tenants are interesting - the sight of an overfed mum on her FaceBook, dad fully committed to his X-Box, and young kid crawling round the battered laminate floor with a full nappy in tow while a motivational poster hangs on the wall above them, always amuses me. Especially when it's juxtaposed with fist-shaped holes in the doors from when he was pissed and his tea wasn't ready

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

The ones occupied by young benefits (workshy) tenants are interesting - the sight of an overfed mum on her FaceBook, dad fully committed to his X-Box, and young kid crawling round the battered laminate floor with a full nappy in tow while a motivational poster hangs on the wall above them, always amuses me. Especially when it's juxtaposed with fist-shaped holes in the doors from when he was pissed and his tea wasn't ready

that poster makes me sick
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

I doubt they'd have that cupboard though. I'd have that. Theirs are usually from Argos or poundstretcher if they do them.

I wouldn't have the stick or the writing though. Maybe that satellite dish thing. They'll just have a sky dish.

I'm Martin.

Yeah what's that all about? Should really say 'Lame'.

Was watching Kirsty n' Phil the other day and there were people with poetry or motivational crap or something written on the wall. Actually written on the wall in big letters. How can anyone think that's a good thing to do? Why would you want to see that every day?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast