+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423823 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 11726

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Bring back compulsory National Service, I say. A bit of army discipline would soon toughen them up! Doubt they'd be able to cope though with no Wi-Fi...

Marco.
    Not sure toughened up 'entitled' people would be good. Oh, hang on.....that's Millwall supporters isn't it .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Bring back compulsory National Service, I say. A bit of army discipline would soon toughen them up! Doubt they'd be able to cope though with no Wi-Fi...

Marco.
    It never did the Kray twins any harm.

It's amusing how the most vocal advocates of National Service are those who were born too late to actually do it, and too early to qualify for it if it was reintroduced. People have been calling for the return of National Service for as long as I can remember (ie the early 1960s). It's interesting to speculate on how British pop music would have fared if the various members of the Beatles, Who, Stones, Pink Floyd etc had been conscripted. Most of them were just too young; of the slightly older ones Bill Wyman was in the RAF, but Ringo Starr escaped through ill-health.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It never did the Kray twins any harm.
    Or various members of the Royal Family....

It's amusing how the most vocal advocates of National Service are those who were born too late to actually do it, and too early to qualify for it if it was reintroduced. People have been calling for the return of National Service for as long as I can remember (ie the early 1960s). It's interesting to speculate on how British pop music would have fared if the various members of the Beatles, Who, Stones, Pink Floyd etc had been conscripted. Most of them were just too young; of the slightly older ones Bill Wyman was in the RAF, but Ringo Starr escaped through ill-health.
    Interesting point about musicians, although those mentioned were actually doing something creative, and went on to make a success of their lives, the former which can't be said for most of today's 'snowflakes', the majority of whom will likely become little more than social media-obsessed layabouts.

Army or otherwise, I'm all for today's 'yoof' being taught some form of discipline, and instilled with a work ethic and some common sense, as most parents these days seem incapable of the job, which is why we have so many gormless zombies/'millennials' walking today's streets!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Interesting point about musicians, although those mentioned were actually doing something creative, and went on to make a success of their lives,
    Eventually, after arsing round at art school and/or being on the dole for a couple of years, when they should have been square-bashing at Catterick.

I'm brian.

You can imagine what its like walking on the pavements in London trying to dodge the little darlings with there heads stuck in smartphones etc. In fact I've developed a peach of a body swerve worthy
    of jinky Johnson at his best. Thats one for the teenagers as well

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Eventually, after arsing round at art school and/or being on the dole for a couple of years, when they should have been square-bashing at Catterick.
    Billy Bragg was in the RTR. That bloke out of Fun Lovin Criminals was in the USMC in Iraq. I don't think serving in the forces necessarily disbars you from being a musician afterwards. Or during.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    You can imagine what its like walking on the pavements in London trying to dodge the little darlings with there heads stuck in smartphones etc. In fact I've developed a peach of a body swerve worthy
    of jinky Johnson at his best. Thats one for the teenagers as well
    Haha - as a diehard Celtic fan, I know exactly who you mean!

And yes, there should be a new game introduced on the streets of major cities, called 'slap an iZonbie', with bonus points given if you actually manage to wake one up!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Would you want to wake up a zombie? Or indeed any member of the living dead? Maybe horror films have lied to me but it's usually a recipe for trouble.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Lol... Yeah, prolly best just to leave them to bump into a lamp post!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Lol... Yeah, prolly best just to leave them to bump into a lamp post!

Marco.
    And then they can try to sue the council for failing to clad the lamp posts like rugby goal posts.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread