+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odyssey amps

I'm Steve.

Default Odyssey amps

Is there anyone here using Odyssey amps. I am considering a Stratos power amp. The only thing putting me off is that they a factory direct. There isn't a UK distributor or stockist. They seem to be a lot of amp for the money.

I'm Phil.

any links ? never heard of them
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Alan.

Steve, a word from the wise.

Just get yourself a Neurochrome 286 or 686, there have been a couple of 686 builds on the forums recently.
    End game amplification mate.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Based on what ???
    Just saying; and in my opinion it can be seen as unprofesional to make sweeping statements like that on an audio forum, unless of course you have extensive knowledge and experience of every Amplifier out there, if on the other hand, it is your opinion, then its always better to state that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

Just get yourself a Neurochrome 286 or 686, there have been a couple of 686 builds on the forums recently.
    End game amplification mate
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 09-09-2021 at 18:48.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Steve.

I'll Googlate them Alan.

I'm Steve.

I don't want to get into the build thing Alan. I can only find info about the amp modules online.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Based on what ???
    Just saying; and in my opinion it can be seen as unprofesional to make sweeping statements like that on an audio forum, unless of course you have extensive knowledge and experience of every Amplifier out there, if on the other hand, it is your opinion, then its always better to state that.
    Hi Anthony, hope you are well there.

Good point about a 'sweeping statement', the fact that it was has me thinking people might realise I have heard a few amps in my time.
    It's not one I have any professional involvement in, in fact I shelled out my own wonga to buy one.

IME it is the most transparent amplifier out there, having heard/borrowed/designed a lot of different ones/types.
    Without getting into published figures 'it does what it says on the tin' to borrow an advertising phrase.

That's my opinion, but I certainly haven't heard every amplifier in the world, or am ever likely to, particularly ones that have telephone number pricing.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I don't want to get into the build thing Alan. I can only find info about the amp modules online.
    There have been a couple of built ones for sale is what I was trying to say.

I'm Lawrence.

Am l right in thinking that the Neurochrome is a chip amp, using the chips like in my LM3886 Gainclone but in multiples for more power?

I'm Alan.

Yes but they are more sophisticated than that. The units incorporate distortion cancellation, that's what gives such stellar performance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast