+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What I got for Xmas

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

An automatic watch winder
    Looks a bit "second hand" to me.......,,,second hand...I'm here all week folks!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Looks a bit "second hand" to me.......,,,second hand...I'm here all week folks!
    Is this a "wind up?" Seriously, we need to call time on these jokes.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

ok, the clocks ticking for you guys
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ok, the clocks ticking for you guys
    I just can't face it anymore..

I'm Grant.

I love collecting stuff (Hifi,records, cds, watches, model buses, coins), I enjoy all my collections & they will all be added to as & when desired items might crop up (except the coins, have kind of given up on that one) as I'm not overly obsessive about any of them.

I'd feel like I was missing an arm without a watch (even though I'm retired & my times my own) & as I suffer with a goldfish memory these days I rely on my smartphone to remind me about events/appointments etc. & I like being able to 'google' stuff while out & about, has settled many an argument.

Not one for much jewellery either (other than watches of course & a gold chain that Mum got me) & with you on the 'following' bit, can't understand why people get so worked up about particular sports especially.

Different strokes..
    only thing i deliberately collected was vinyl. anything else just sort of happened by accident
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Or Denim, for the man who doesn’t have to try TOO hard
    My dad once bought me Denim aftershave for Christmas, and I had to try VERY hard to appear grateful - I'd had a full beard for many years. I added it to my bathwater, and that worked quite well. Three baths and it was gone

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I no longer collect anything or feel any need to, nor could I justify the cost to myself these days.

I do not own a smartphone and stopped wearing a watch about six years ago.

And (not entirely related) I have had a lifelong aversion to bodily embelishments, so no tattooos, gold chains, piercings or jewellery of any kind.

No interest in being a 'follower' either, so I don't get involved in football and other sports, religion, politics, etc (but I do visit audio forums ).

None the worse for it!
    And you still found thirty eight thousand things to talk about - good on yer!

I had a go at collecting vintage Webley air pistols, but then realised I couldn't display them without looking like one of those mental survivalists you see on American TV. So I stopped at two, both of which live in a cupboard.

Records and CD's satisfy my need to collect shit.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I had a go at collecting vintage Webley air pistols
    Had a few myself and a couple of Mk.III rifles.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I no longer collect anything
    I collect dust.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I collect dust.
    I donate mine. Would you like more?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast