+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 512 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5112

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

blair athol 12... A Flora and Fauna release from the Blair Athol distillery, this 12 year old exudes sherry and Christmas pudding notes with spice. Blair Athol does not receive the acclaim it so thoroughly deserves.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

A wee peaty one as we build up to a holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    A wee peaty one as we build up to a holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    enjoy both robin...skoll
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    enjoy both robin...skoll
    Cheers Grant, the Ardbeg was on offer in Tesco, heading hopefully for some sunshine on Thursday
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Cheers Grant, the Ardbeg was on offer in Tesco, heading hopefully for some sunshine on Thursday
    i didnt go a lot of holidays abroad, and especially now im not able and dont have a passport now anyway, so just have to put up with what god gives me but im always happy to see folk enjoying a trip away. my daughter likes her trips away
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i didnt go a lot of holidays abroad, and especially now im not able and dont have a passport now anyway, so just have to put up with what god gives me but im always happy to see folk enjoying a trip away. my daughter likes her trips away
    looking forward to 10 days in the Canaries, hopefully with some sunshine which will do the wife and me some good.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm a bit of a fan of Islay whiskys, and Ardberg is one of my favourites.
    Barry

Le Vieux Château Guibeau 2019, Puisseguin Saint-Emilion AOC

80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon

Tasting notes:

Smooth, ample ripe plum and cassis, with firm tannins, tight oak spice

Aroma:

Ripe plum, blackberry, herby leafy edge, cloves

14% ABV, £20 a bottle
    Barry

2020 Château du Tertre Bel Air, Côtes de Bordeaux

"Deep colour bordering on black with dark purple reflections. Nose of black fruits, pepper and violet. Fruity and powerful at point of entry with a mid-palate marked by slightly harsh tannins that need to soften."

One of the most enjoyable wines I have tasted this year. Needs to be opened in plenty of time before consumption and allowed to breathe.

14% ABV, £18 a bottle
    Barry

2019 Château Pillebart, Bordeaux

70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc.

Tasting notes

Rounded tannins, ripe silky red fruits, leafy edge

Aroma

Ripe plum, damson, touch of cherry and a hint of leafy spice

13.5% ABV, £14.50 a bottle
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread