+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50G30B Full HD 50" Plasma TV - great price at Currys

I'm Mark.

Default PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50G30B Full HD 50" Plasma TV - great price at Currys

Panasonic bargain at Currys, PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50G30B Full HD 50" Plasma TV for £549 at the time of posting
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panason...88043-pdt.html
    -
    If you don't need 3D that's a great TV for the price.

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    If you don't need 3D that's a great TV for the price.
    I've haven't met anyone yet who needs a 3D telly . . .

BTW agree that's a really good price for the Viera. (How many TVs are named after footballers?)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    I've haven't met anyone yet who needs a 3D telly . . .

BTW agree that's a really good price for the Viera. (How many TVs are named after footballers?)
    That's funny - and my Panny Plasma's "pet name" is of course Patrick!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

That is a lovely TV but if I were looking for a nice big TV (I am not) I would be looking at an LED which is slimmer, uses far less power, doesn't suffer from reflections or screenburn and is lighter. Just saying.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Been reading up on Panny plasma's of late and two issues keeping rearing an ugly head , Green tint/patches and loud buzzing during bright scenes ?

The green tint i could probably cope with , but the loud buzzing might drive me nuts ? And reading some feedback on the net , its done just that to a fair number of buyers .

Any thoughts ,experiences ?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I have a 42" Panny Plasma that is under 2 years old and the picture is fantastic. However, it developed a ticking noise around 9 months or so ago, which drives me nuts. Very common apparently after checking the forums and I may take it back to John Lewis It sounds a bit like a scratch on a record and happens intermittently and it's not case expansion with the heat either.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

MartinT Guest

My Panny 42" gives no problems at all and has a fantastic picture. Considering I paid £899 for it, that price for the 50" is superb.

As for 3D,

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    As for 3D,
    +1
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm graham.

I bought a 50" Samsung last year in the sales and gave exactly £500 for it. If you go on all the forums there is at least one person with a complaint about <insert model number here> and I take these reviews with a pinch of salt. The clicking noise for instance, you are going to have to turn the sound off in my gaff to hear it ( if I had the panny, I don't) because they are all deaf and the sound can be heard throughout the house!
    If everyone and his dog was complaining, fair comment but more often than not, it isn't
    Back to the Samsung, I think the picture is bloody fantastic and it appears that most of the decent brands are all up there with picture quality. And another thing, no point in telling me "brand X will last a lifetime" because nothing lasts more than two years now in most households then its upgrade time for the next best thing!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Thanks !

After a chat with a couple of guys at work ,I think i will try a 42' G30 and see how i get on with it , seems a great price at the moment £479 .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread