+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrostatic/Planar Speakers

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Well the wood is now cut for the plinths for the Maggies and holes drilled to take the M6 threaded inserts

Colin had a nice large bit of pine he was going to throw out. He's going to put a few coats of satin varnish on the wood for me and I've got a little tester pot of oatmeal coloured paint for the metal brackets which will sort of match the speaker socks

All done for just a few pounds.. bargain
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Still not got my plinths done as Colin has been too busy with other things... nightmare

The wood looks nice now it's varnished though and I've got all the stainless nuts and bolts needed to fix brackets to the wood and the UNC screws to fix them to the speakers

However I am still loving the Maggies sound even in their rubbish position.. Colin came round the other day and had a listen and he thinks they are very good as well..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Still not got my plinths done as Colin has been too busy with other things... nightmare

The wood looks nice now it's varnished though and I've got all the stainless nuts and bolts needed to fix brackets to the wood and the UNC screws to fix them to the speakers

However I am still loving the Maggies sound even in their rubbish position.. Colin came round the other day and had a listen and he thinks they are very good as well..
    Get a move on Colin!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Get a move on Colin!
    I know Geoff... it's a nightmare... he's just been too busy with all his cycling peeps
    Bev

I love the sound my Maggies are producing.... they are now at low listening levels, as it's getting late, but they still sound very good.. I'm a convert to the Maggies sound.. I love their ease of producing sound at whatever levels I listen to .. definitely one of my best hifi purchases and for what I paid for them a complete hifi bargain ...
    Bev

Plinths and brackets now all finished and painted so Colin just needs to come round to drill the final holes through the pine once we have placed them correctly... at last
    Bev

Unfortunately Colin is not well at the moment so my plinths are going to have to wait...
    Bev

I'm Sandro.

I am looking here quite often my maggies need same 2
    when it is going to happen ?
    wishing well to Coilin no need to say

In the mean time big things are happening here
    I had a couple of friends here listening to the Maggies in my system

One use to run an Hifi shop now closed other has just a couple of very good ears
    We are going to build 2 sets of F5 turbos and they are going to be pretty good
    But I am going to start a new tread for that

Still nice when some one that had HiFi shop tell you "I want a pair of amps like yours" Yes ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post

In the mean time big things are happening here
    I had a couple of friends here listening to the Maggies in my system

One use to run an Hifi shop now closed other has just a couple of very good ears
    We are going to build 2 sets of F5 turbos and they are going to be pretty good
    But I am going to start a new tread for that

Still nice when some one that had HiFi shop tell you "I want a pair of amps like yours" Yes ?
    I think just a couple is the norm!

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Sandro they will hopefully be completed some time this week as Colin is feeling a bit better now, thanks for the well wishes

I will take a picture once the Maggies are fixed to them
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast