+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 11724

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Martin.

Me and the missus drove to the golf course at 10 and spent 40 minutes looking for shooting stars last night. I don’t really think it was dark enough and there was 50% cloud cover. May have seen 1 or 2 but not convinced that I didn’t imagine them. Had a lovely time none the less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

25 years ago, some friends and I, and my ex, all set up lawn chair recliners, and sit out in a large field. Starring up, a few hours went by with only a few sightings. But suddenly, a rash of them! Several per minute, and some covered half the sky, they were gone in a flash. The Earth is running into this space dust at over 60,000mph. So, I guess they are quick! It was a rare experience.

As a teenager, the family went out to the Rockies and we camped at over 11,000 feet. I’ve never seen the sky like I saw it that night. You could see some stars were closer, some farther, they appeared to spiral upwards forever. You could keep looking for the one farthest away. Some were red, some blue, green, yellow, orange, Even purple! Looking into the edge of the Milky Way was a very 3D view, giant clouds in space.
    It’s easy to see why, back before TV or radio, men studied the night sky on a nightly basis, and how they noticed any star that was out of place. You can bet a meteor shower would give them plenty to talk about!

Russell

I'm sorted.

Just been in the local pound shop & they had those small magnetic bowls, 'handy' I thought, 'I'll have one'. Went to the till & duly paid. It was only when I got home I realised I'd picked up three...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Just been in the local pound shop & they had those small magnetic bowls, 'handy' I thought, 'I'll have one'. Went to the till & duly paid. It was only when I got home I realised I'd picked up three...
    "Small magnetic bowls"? What are they, and what do you do with them?
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Small magnetic bowls"? What are they, and what do you do with them?
    Glad you asked Barry, thought I was the only one who didn’t know!

Oh, and by the way everyone “STOP, THIEF!”
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Ah, I see - to keep your nuts tidy! Nothing worse than untidy nuts!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I'm nipping to Honda in the week to take a look at the two mini bikes... even brand new they are about £3k.. bargain...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm sorted.

Didn't do bad getting 3 for a quid then.

+ Reply to Thread