+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard Zero 100

I'm sorted.

Default Garrard Zero 100

Anyone fancy a winter project? Got this old beast if anyone’s interested. The strobe lights up and the platter spins while you hold the switch down but stops turning when you release it so ‘spares / repair’. Tenner collected or make me a cheeky offer, I just need the space in the cupboard to be honest.

I'm Adam.

Lovely deck and well worth saving - it’s even the autochanger version!

If only you were a bit closer...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Mark.

Ditto... just a bit too far away.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Lovely deck and well worth saving - it’s even the autochanger version!

If only you were a bit closer...
    What makes it an autochanger? Shouldn't it have a really tall spindle for stacking your records? My old Fidelity HF43 did. The records used to slide like buggery. In hifi terms, record wow was a bitch
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    What makes it an autochanger? Shouldn't it have a really tall spindle for stacking your records? My old Fidelity HF43 did. The records used to slide like buggery. In hifi terms, record wow was a bitch
    Just means if you use the 'auto' start switch it'll put the needle on the record for you then lift it off at the end. Or at least it would if it was working.

I'm Adam.

Default Garrard Zero 100

No, you genuinely can stack records on it - the non-changer version in the UK was the Zero 100S.

It needs a longer centre spindle, but the little platform beside the arm bearing supports the edges of 12” records before they drop.

You could buy a different spindle for stacking large-hole 45s and there was even an adaptor that fitted onto the platform for you to use the LP spindle to stack normal 45s. This is very rare, though - I’ve only ever seen one.

The non-autochanger version does not have the support platform.

Here’s one in action (what we know as the Zero 100 in the UK was the Zero 100C in the USA):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pqMqL2RhedM
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    No, you genuinely can stack records on it!

It needs a longer centre spindle, but the little platform beside the arm bearing supports the edges of 12” records before they drop.

You could buy a different spindle for stacking large-hole 45s and there was even an adaptor that fitted onto the platform for you to use the LP spindle to stack normal 45s. This is very rare, though - I’ve only ever seen one.

The non-autochanger version does not have the support platform.

Here’s one in action (what we know as the Zero 100 in the UK was the Zero 100C in the USA):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pqMqL2RhedM
    Wow!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Wow!
    Wow indeed! What will they think of next?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Wow indeed! What will they think of next?
    Apparently, compressing the analogue signal into a series of binary 1s and 0s and storing these as tiny pits on small plastic discs.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Apparently, compressing the analogue signal into a series of binary 1s and 0s and storing these as tiny pits on small plastic discs.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Sounds fascinating - I am a bit of a geek when it comes to tech, not much gets past me. So when it comes out I'll be at the front of the queue. Does it play cassettes as well?

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast