+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCririck

I'm Shane.

Default John McCririck

Look how much damned weight he has lost! Probably cancer no doubt!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm David.

He didn't look well the last time we saw him on tv, although he did say he was ok, just dieting. I always enjoyed seeing him on The Morning Line channel 4 Saturday mornings. Agreed with most of his comments, and since he got replaced along with John Francome packing it up the programme became boring. Even more so now ITV have taken over with their 'no personality' presenters.

I'm Shane.

He's a fruity character. Some love/hate him.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Mark.

I would be reluctant to sit next to him on public transport I must admit!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    I would be reluctant to sit next to him on public transport I must admit!
    Why? Is it because of his looks?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm brian.

Yup I enjoyed his time on the morning line as well along with Franks, Thommo and Jim McGrath. Sad to see this big character in a bad place.

I'm Alan.

I wouldn't mind sitting next to him on public transport....big big personality...I bet the crack would be hilarious aswell as interesting...really like the guy...very eccentric and colourful character....It's a shame he can't handle what's happened to him too well...everything he was has been taken away from him....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Why? Is it because of his looks?

S.
    I'd like to think not...... Actually I don't think I've seen or heard him for a number of decades, and then only once or twice so my comment was perhaps out of place. The thing is he seemed about as far down the extrovert scale then as I am down the introvert so maybe not a good match.
    If he is ill or fallen on bad times then which seems to be the case then, of course, he has my sympathy.

I'm Grant.

Apparently has a flu that he can't shake off. He was in the fast lane as they say for a long time do understand it must be difficult to get bumped into the, to him, crawler lane.
    But such is life. Hope he gets over it but I agree with above. Not my type personally
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

My impression of him was as being an attention seeker with a deliberately cultivated eccentricity. I think his jovial image was a facade as he certainly was not pleasant if anybody disagreed with him on camera, he had petulant rants on TV on more than one occasion when things did not go his way.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast