+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acrylic Cases

I would love to collect it before the weekend...

FET source follower next?

Dave

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looking fantastic, Dunc - the Toyster's wetting his pants already!

No doubt I'll get to hear it soon...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm ILOB.

Great work Duncan I bet Steve will love it
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nathan.

Did you make the case, or buy it as is?
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

Generally speaking, you can design the case and have it made in acrylic. That's what I did. If you are thinking of using acrylic, contact Andy at:
    Plastic Online
    Tel: 01482 333 800
    Email: info@plasticonline.co.uk
    Web: www.plasticonline.co.uk
    Unit 2 Pioneer Park, Clough Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU6 7HW

I designed an audio rack and submitted it to several companies around the UK. Andy was the only guy I could find who understood what I wanted, how professional I wanted it to be, and could actually make it to my specifications. Communication was outstanding and price was bank balance friendly.
    He can even make turntable platters,covers, and base out of acrylic!
    Just mention Stanley from Home HIFI recommended him.

I'm Duncan.

Yes I made the case. Front panel is 10mm clear, top 3mm translucent blue and the back/base is 3mm frosted blue Acrylic. Four Aluminium struts are used as strengtheners. Rubber feet.
    I like to use only non-ferous materials in my projects.

I'm lucky enough to have a job where I maintain four fully stocked Engineering workshops and a Heat treatment suite.

So just about any job is feasible with any material.
    It's a good job I'm not into Vinyl any more or I'd be making turntables from scratch.

Next I 'm casting some real big heat sinks for the F5 class A amp.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's a good job I'm not into Vinyl any more or I'd be making turntables from scratch.
    Now that's something I'd love to see!

Who knows what the future holds... Sounds to me like you could be tempted if the project was intriguing enough

It also sounds to me that Stan and you could 'team up' in some way, perhaps in terms of you making some cases for his designs?

One to ponder, I feel, for both of you...

Marco.

P.S Has the Toyster been and gone yet?
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    Yes I made the case. Front panel is 10mm clear, top 3mm translucent blue and the back/base is 3mm frosted blue Acrylic. Four Aluminium struts are used as strengtheners. Rubber feet.
    I like to use only non-ferous materials in my projects.

I'm lucky enough to have a job where I maintain four fully stocked Engineering workshops and a Heat treatment suite.

So just about any job is feasible with any material.

Next I 'm casting some real big heat sinks for the F5 class A amp.
    Hi

A friend of mine will require a pair of heat sinks for his F2. If your casting works out OK would you be interested in making a couple more?

Thanks

Richard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12