+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081

Thread: Degrees of Separation

I'm Sean.

bugger, just discovered this thread, spent 10 minutes thinking of a post to follow on Muse and someone sneaks in - you wait 9 months for a post and ............

I'm ChrisB.

Go on then, do yer stuff and forget I was ever here!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, go on and do yer stuff Sean.

Chris and I have been playing DoS for a long time, so it's only right we let some 'new blood' to have a go.
    Barry

I'm Sean.

I can't just put a glitch in 81 pages of connection!

Arthur Lee shared a surname with Alvin Lee of 10 Years After who released the rather excellent Hear Me Calling which was covered by Slade on their Slade Alive Album.

David Slade is a film director who cut his teeth on music videos including a number of videos for Muse!

The bass player with Muse is Christopher Wolstenholme, Keith Wolstenholme is the commentator famous for the line They think it's all over.....it is now which is a name of an album by Thunder. Beyond the Thunderdome is a film in which Tina Turner acted. Ike and Tina Turner had a big hit with River Deep Mountain High which leads me nicely onto my chosen track - the very good Theme from an imaginary Western by Mountain.

Excellent Sean - you have got into the spirit of DoS: the more tenuous the connection the better.

I won't follow on, as I'll let either Chris or anyone else have a chance.

Well done Sean; maybe the old girl is alive and kickin' at last!.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

No Barry, please, be my guest.

Jack Bruce and Pete Brown wrote “Theme for an Imaginary Western”. The song originally appeared on Jack Bruce’s debut album ‘Songs for a Taylor’.

It might be that the Taylor of the title is James Taylor, but I think it unlikely. James Taylor often performed with Carole King, and mention of Carole King reminds me of the three great kings of the Blues: BB King, Albert King and Freddie King.

I’m going to go with Freddie King and the track “Going Down” taken from his album ‘Getting Ready’.

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081