What tube is that J? Email me if you dont want it public yet.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
What tube is that J? Email me if you dont want it public yet.
And the mystery tube is, for Lampy owners worldwide:
British Post Office VT68_GPO (CV1651, G445B) is electrically similar to Western Electric 101D or 101F (other than the socket) and should work in the same circuits. VT68 has B4 British basing, so you need B4 to UX4 socket adaptors, which are about $17 each on ebay USA.
I scored a pair NOS for £40 - joke cheap really. Billington and ebay have them at higher prices (£30 and £40 each respectively).
The B4 adaptor will let you use PX25 and maybe PX4 amongst I suspect a few others.
Love it when finds like this happen. Two Mullard telephony valves, whose spec sheet was restricted when released.
These may well prove to be excellent (or not). Have not got them yet. Will report in a week or two.
Punter "Hey w'appen man Ras?"
Ras "Man feel, in herb confirm. Or so de great reggae poet Linton Kwesi Johnson say."
Punter "Ya man, de righteous Linton. Prophet an' poet man. So why you sittin' by de VT68_GPO Ras?"
Ras "Cos soundz good 'ere man. Haile Selassie - ever livin', ever givin' man."
Man Ras recognises a good sounding triode when he sees one. He ranks dis one highly. Selassie.
![]()
Last edited by User211; 18-10-2015 at 20:42.
The post above was a bit of humour for the Jamaican wisnon, who pops in from time to time.
The B4 to UX4 socket converters arrived from China in record time. The quality is unbelievable for the money - really heavy, quality items with Teflon wiring. I was expecting low quality cheapness TBH, but figurered they'd do the job. The seller id is beidou2012.
The valve itself sounds excellent. Strong ballsy bass and lush mids/highs. Very highly recommended, possibly the best so far with both amps I have at present. As always, you might not find the same.
Jamaica? ...no, she went of her own accord![]()
Regards,
Grant.... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse
I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work.... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -
Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?
“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".
“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”
"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”
“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”
***SMILE, BE HAPPY***
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Actually Norman stay away from them. They're sounding increasingly distorted. Swapped some other options in and they all sound as I expect.
Unsure why, maybe they're not that happy in the Lampy circuit.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Could it be a faulty pair?
They are 4v, 0.45amps, so within normal range: http://frank.pocnet.net/other/Servic...4-1/CV1651.pdf
Maybe you should send them my way to check out. I should be getting the adapters any day now..