No I am in a very satisfied state Norman, TBH![]()
I think you should be too.
I honestly recommend you put your B7 up against a GG in the same listening session. You may feel differently of course and I know you are very pro Lampizator but I think you will be surprised.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Oh Justin, I am very satisfied and just as pro-Lampi as you are. However, the darn foo parts DO apparently make a difference. I am not "nervosa" and apart from DSD256 and the bling copper case, I am not even too jealous. LoL
Just hard going from being big man on campus to just another student. LoL
Last edited by wisnon; 25-06-2015 at 09:07.
Get a copper top made. Also changing non-critical parts for foo should be easy enough on the DAC you have.
I might do it (or get it done) for kicks but I'm not expecting a huge lift in performance. Any last ounce is always welcome though...
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
I have a Point to Point B7, so no V shaped tube configuration. I actually like the see thru Perspex top.
However the foo parts are well integrated into the design and only really Lukasz (or his supervised team) could do the upgrade properly. I guess when oredrs slow a bit or when he has more Production capacity, then a foo part refresh could be a more affordable compromise. However, It will be hard to beat the purpose designed GG Dac and the cost difference will not be that great...just that the needed cash flow requirement is spread out over a longer time period.
Based on soooo much feedback in the UK and the US, I am sure the GG has a big uplift. This from people who have traded up from the B7. I think even our mutual pal Greg is smitten by the jump in performance that caught him off guard.
The real surprise that will come (based on my extrapolation of feedback so far) will be a fully decked out Balanced GG with the 211 balanced amps. I am sure Mike B of Audioshark will be all over that. Joe G already has a Bal B7 he loves and GOT his 211amps today, according to the US distributor. I am really waiting to hear critical reporting on that!
Some US GG feedback:
Geardaddy on the GG Dac:
"
I have one too now (#2 in the US) and sadly its a major step up from the B7. I was not expecting that....just Gucci casework and parts for rich idiots was my cynical presumption. Not so. Best digital I have heard or owned. No desire for a TT any longer. Well done Lucas..... and
Clarity, soundstaging, and an organic fluidity and cohesiveness to its presentation whether it be PCM or DSD.....again the breakin process is long and presumably not complete.... ".
Last edited by wisnon; 25-06-2015 at 11:52.
Well I am happy for those GG owners who feel/hear what they do.
I would like to hear the 211 monos up against mine., but I have essentially stopped upgrading for a very long time.
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 278
I'm Stephen.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Interesting bit on valve rolling. The Cunningham CX-345 is the one that, over time, I have used the most. I think the reason is its subjective speed. It just seems to respond so quickly to its input.
I have found a valve that looks interesting that I have not seen used by any Lampy user yet. May take a punt on some.