+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'The Endless River ; Conclusions

I'm alf.

Default 'The Endless River ; Conclusions

well it has been out for quite a while , so has anybody got any final conclusions about the 'Floyd's swan song 'The Endless River' ?? i have listened to it lots of times (on CD) and still cannot make my mind up . it is impressive to show off ones system , but it seems to have been 'cobbled together' from out-takes and does not seem to follow any recognised pattern . i think Mr Gilmour could have gathered the remaining members along with guests to come up with a better final album under the 'Floyd' name

I'm Jerry.

I agree about the cobbled together comment. Some tracks are too short to be worthy of the name and it doesn't flow from one track to another. Still, it has its moments and in many ways its better than the Division Bell.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Pete.

CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

I'm David.

I agree . It sounds like a load of cutting room floor bits cobbled together to make a final album. Not in the same league as The Division Bell.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemkid View Post
    I agree . It sounds like a load of cutting room floor bits cobbled together to make a final album. Not in the same league as The Division Bell.
    To be fair that's really all they said it would be so it met my expectations. I'm still happy it was released.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread