Man I am just losing track of all the "levels" and options...!
Man I am just losing track of all the "levels" and options...!
Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Last edited by User211; 12-09-2014 at 15:00.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
J,
Lukasz just confirmed to me that the 101d tube will work on ALL Big7/Level 7 dacs as a drop in replacement for the 45 triodes! The circuit is robust enough to accept both.
Only the 2A3 setup is different and unless there is a switch to throw, 45s and 101ds wont work in the 2A3 setup.
Location: Geneve
Posts: 80
I'm Norm.
I did compare 45 and 101D specs and thought "probably not", but if the man says so... thanks for that wisnon.
Hm... there's a pair of WE tennis ball type 101Ds on ebay USA for a mere $2,200Actually I don't think those particular ones will fit as all four pins look to be the same diameter.
The Psvane replica looks interesting, but I'd be amazed if it beats the Cunningham's, which are just superb.
The TJs are probably good for the money I reckon. Let me know how the cheap Shuguangs compare to the Cunningham's when your Big 7 arrivesIf the Shuguangs win I'll fall off my seat!
Hm. TJs not thought highly of here, but the Psvane re-issue is. Might give it a go at some stage.
DSD rant and internal pics: http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2966. Worth following the AudioCircle link at the end of the thread, too.