+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 274

Thread: Lampizator Level 7

  1. #31
    Join Date: Apr 2010

    Location: Bristol, since 1978. Current house since 1996!

    Posts: 950
    I'm Chris.

    Default

    It passed through my house after Justin, en route to the mythical 'Simon', so I could have a listen.(Wam Taxi Depot)
    Pretty fine.
    (I use a MHDT Havana, much upgraded)
    It -the 7 - had more definition and separation than the Havana and a nice way of letting you picture the musicians in their own space, where apt.
    But at 16X price.....I'll stick!

    Thinking of Zero 1 to simplify set-up......but I need to research Streaming -How to-, as I'm still a bit Luddite/ignorant on that score.
    But we have a Tablet in the house, streaming away, so....how hard can it be?
    Chris.

  2. #32
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    Here is a Lampi Big7 review/feedback from the USA:

    AS i have had my B7 for about 4 or 5 days now going 12 hours at 6 and 6 at a time . The pcm is as good or better than my MSB Platinum stack (with Galaxy 2 clock upgrade) . As it plays i am in amazement . The presentation is awesome its like hearing your music collection all over again. My home cpu stinks, and the dsd was good but not giving the wow that the pcm has. So i fired up my iMac and audirvana plus . I put on Elvis 57 (a dsd download) . Its a dsd64 transfer from analog . Track 3 has a simple clapping in the left channel . Now clapping is a simple sound but so is a piano and most dacs stink at it, but this dac is giving me the texture of the hands as they clap. The only time i have heard this is with my MSB stack . This may seem simple but its a milestone . This dac has given me my wow moment. I can hear into the recording so deep that it gives me chills of realism . I now have my WOW moment.

    thanks lukas for this device and at this price its an even better wow for me.

  3. #33
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Big 7 heading this way... will let you know what I think.

    Will say though that it takes a while to recover from an L7 - a few weeks, in fact. Then a Lampi level 4 seems very nice indeed thank you.

    But once heard....

  4. #34
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    Yeah J,

    My pal has the NYC Big7 and I am living vicariously thru him. He is sooo excited by the SQ!!!!

    He is a DSD lover but the Big7 PCM has him spellbound!

  5. #35
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    If I was going to try DSD again I'd pre-convert it - in other words I wouldn't use JRiver's on the fly conversion. On my laptop that might stand a chance of working at higher bit rates.

    I'm fine with the PCM, though. That works well enough for me.

  6. #36
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    Well, the soon to arrive Big7 will have DSD, so just play it back at native rate...you will be pleased.

  7. #37
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,363
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    No it won't be fitted to the B7 unit I get. I should have the L7 this thread was raised for at the same time.

  8. #38
    Join Date: Jun 2014

    Location: singapore

    Posts: 3
    I'm lim.

    Default

    Nice. I am drooling with envy....

  9. #39
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: gone

    Posts: 11,510
    I'm gone.

    Default

    Justin, I'd be fascinated to bring my slightly 'upped' vintage Techie SL-P1200 cdp round just to see how it compares with what could perhaps be claimed to be the current state of the art.

    ... and also to see how the Lampi 7 does with a range of classical music.
    .

  10. #40
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Geneve

    Posts: 80
    I'm Norm.

    Default

    I think he is getting the Big 7, not the L7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •