+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Food Marketing

I'm Mike.

Default Food Marketing

Sorry for the naked URL don't know how to show Upworthy links like YouTube

http://www.upworthy.com/no-one-appla...hands-together

I shall pop into Upworthy again
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Rob.

We have all become lazy, and the "convenience" lifestyle is King. I am guilty of ignoring what may be less than wholesome for convenience sake. We see a pack of Sausages/Chicken/Bacon, look at the price and if the price is right, it goes in the basket. Do I read what is in the product or consider how it may have been produced.....errr....No.

Not really good enough is it.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Nodrog.

What gets me is that actually, we all know this already. But because the chicken/duck/pig comes nicely plastic wrapped, we don't have to think about it.

We are lucky here. We grow our own food, veg, fruit, ducks and chickens. We get our pork and lamb from friends who run a ferme auberge and all the animals are free range and spoilt rotten - 'til its time to go.

We have to think about the reality though, if we want to eat chicken, we have to kill it ourselves. I hate doing it but its the price I have to pay if I want to eat it.

However, we are not immune from the dark side as it takes very special effort to avoid factory farming altogether. Plus, for most it would just be too expensive.

Too many people, property too expensive and food too cheap. If property was kept to reasonable values, we could afford to pay more for food produced more humanely.

It ain't gonna happen.

I'm Mike.

I had no idea of the scale of factory farming until a few years ago, the marketing keeps your focus on the things the want to make you keep buying animal products.
    The antibiotics used in animals - as standard could be the driver for making them useless for humans.

It is a complete industry worth billions so animals suffering is not important if you don't have to think about it and for many years I didn't

The phrase that stuck with me
    "the power of wilful ignorance"
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread