+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Power Inspired AG500

I'm Brian.

Hi Paul , in monetary terms both cost more or less the same . However they provide very different results when hooked up to a system . The balanced power supply ( BPS ) gives a more immediate , and impressive , improvement IMO. The sound is very clean indeed . Bass is tighter and deeper , midrange is also clearer and more projected ( into the room) and the treble is much more natural . With the BPS dynamics are hugely improved . With the regen unit the improvements are not as pronounced . The improvements are similar to those provided by the BPS , however , dynamics remain the same as before . A lot of the mains hash disappears and the sound becomes much easier on the ear , more ' analogue ' IMO . In both cases the sounstage expands in all directions ( more so with the BPS ) If you like a very dynamic fast sound then the BPS may be for you . If you like a more relaxed ' pipe and slippers ' type of sound then you should consider the mains regen unit. In both instances each unit provides a very worthwhile upgrade which I believe is unobtainable by any other means , it just depends upon your preference . We never got round to trying both in tandem ( maybe when the dark nights come in ) . I'm sure some of the troops will be along to share their take on this subject. Good luck whichever you choose . Hope this helps
    Last edited by brian2957; 12-11-2013 at 18:06.

synsei Guest

Is there any point in running a Belkin PF30 in tandem with an AG500 or are they both doing the same thing?

I'm Brian.

The AG500 has 6 IEC outputs Dave . They require the output cable to have these plugs fitted http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-IEC-M...item3cd754f6f4 . I think if you plugged a Belkin unit into the AG500 you would run the risk of overloading the plug. Anyway the AG500 totally regenerates ( cleans hopefully ) the mains . So I don't think any other treatment would be necessary . 6 outlets not enough mate http://www.powerinspired.com/ag500-a...0w-p-1723.html

synsei Guest

Six outputs is one more than I have to play with at present Brian, I was only wondering out loud (or in writing as it were) whether there would be any benefit from using both in tandem. The PF30 makes a significant difference in my system so I guess my speculative thoughts about using both units together might be a little on the greedy side...

I'm paul.

Cheers Brian yes that helped ,next Question can you remember the supplier of the balanced units that people were trying I seem to remember a plug and play unit that had protection against the pitfalls of balanced power .
    And how much higher rating than my systems consumption would you recommend
    thanks Paul

I'm Brian.

I've never compared the AG500 to the Belkin PF30 Dave . I was however using one of these before the AG500 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-ISO...item2c5d864edb. Result = no contest , the AG500 won hands down. I know Gary ( Gazjam) was using a PF30 before he installed his balanced PSU and the improvement with the BPS wasn't subtle.

synsei Guest

Hmmmm interesting, another thing to add to my fantasy Chrissy present list then. If I receive everything on that list I may need to move to a bigger house

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Hmmmm interesting, another thing to add to my fantasy Chrissy present list then. If I receive everything on that list I may need to move to a bigger house
    Come up here mate , the houses are mucho cheaper (:

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    Cheers Brian yes that helped ,next Question can you remember the supplier of the balanced units that people were trying I seem to remember a plug and play unit that had protection against the pitfalls of balanced power .
    And how much higher rating than my systems consumption would you recommend
    thanks Paul
    I'm afraid I'm not an expert on these Paul . I've been lucky enough to have heard and compared them and am quite happy to comment on their effect . However , there are others on the forum who know much more than me about these. You have PM.

I'm James.

I only have one hand free, give me half an hour and I'll give you an update.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast