+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Might do, though I'm pretty happy with my V6 Alfas!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Might do, though I'm pretty happy with my V6 Alfas!
    I know what you mean, I love Alfas too... my Sud was great fun. I always said i'd buy another Alfa some day. But believe me there is absolutely NO comparison to riding a really fast bike.... Ask ANY biker... after you ride a fast bike, cars are just sooo boring, seriously they are that much fun
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Why didn't Klipsh Heresy's ever sell in large quantities in the UK? Wasn't price, but because they BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!!!!! Great fun for a few hours, but tiring long term
    David you have obviously heard the Klipsch Heresy. Which model were they I, II's or III's ?

Did you hear them at home in your own system?

I think I know why they didn't sell in larger quantities; I know the importer of the Klipsch range from the 90's very well, I have met him a number of times and the most gentle man you could ever meet, a really super guy, but he never imported them in large enough numbers to really make a dent in the UK market which was already flooded with makes such as Mission, Monitor Audio, Linn and many others (which names escape me at the moment, it's late!!) but to be fair I think Klipsch got kind of lost, and horns were maybe a bit misunderstood

I kinda know what you mean when you say they "bite your head off".... They CAN. BUT if you partner them with a good amp, preferably valves, then they are a real treat.. And to be honest unless you have tried them properly it's hard to comment on them

I have also heard the Klipsch La Scalas, I had them at home for a couple of weeks, and they are my favourite speaker of ALL TIME (that I have ACTUALLY heard!!) and if i had room for them i would have them at a flash. If you have not heard them you are missing out, they are probably the closest thing you could have to the full Klipschorns, which are just legendary
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    spend the rest on a decent stereo, or better still, some live music
    Thanks also David for your comments but I believe my 'stereo' as you call it, is reasonably good and I also see plenty of live music thanks...

Just a thought and all
    Bev

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I know what you mean, I love Alfas too... my Sud was great fun. I always said i'd buy another Alfa some day. But believe me there is absolutely NO comparison to riding a really fast bike.... Ask ANY biker... after you ride a fast bike, cars are just sooo boring, seriously they are that much fun
    What time do you go to bed ?!
    A Sud owner makes you a certain age
    I would have loved to have tried one when they were around
    Riding a racing bike takes some beating too - in a different way. Cars ? Who wants them ? (except for downpours and ice)
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    A Sud owner makes you a certain age
    I would have loved to have tried one when they were around
    Riding a racing bike takes some beating too - in a different way. Cars ? Who wants them ? (except for downpours and ice)
    Remember the Sud when they were around but i loved the Lancia Stratos, my first love when i started my interest in cars was the Jensen interceptor, Triumph Dolomite and Stag models, my ultimate drive would be in a Group B Rally Car in Corsica.

Agreed about racing bike analogy, first proper racer was a Austro Daimler ( can't afford a Flying Scot that David Rattray sold),
    after that i was hooked, the Lycra and colourful jersey's, out emulating Robert Millar, Sean Kelly etc...(actually bought a Duralinox 979 same colour and same Mavic stuff as his).. LOL!!, the liveliness and speed of a racing geometry racer is very addictive, those were the days.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Remember the Sud when they were around but i loved the Lancia Stratos, my first love when i started my interest in cars was the Jensen interceptor, Triumph Dolomite and Stag models, my ultimate drive would be in a Group B Rally Car in Corsica.

Agreed about racing bike analogy, first proper racer was a Austro Daimler ( can't afford a Flying Scot that David Rattray sold),
    after that i was hooked, the Lycra and colourful jersey's, out emulating Robert Millar, Sean Kelly etc...(actually bought a Duralinox 979 same colour and same Mavic stuff as his).. LOL!!, the liveliness and speed of a racing geometry racer is very addictive, those were the days.
    That Stratos was something and a half ....drool......

I put off upgrading my mid 80s Holdsworth way too long
    After I heard David Harman saying frame technology jumped in the late 80s about 3 years ago I should have bought
    The difference between the Holdsworth and the 2010 Giant TCR is like the old NAD CDp compared to the Isis

The Giant just goes
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm andy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    That Stratos was something and a half ....drool......

I put off upgrading my mid 80s Holdsworth way too long
    After I heard David Harman saying frame technology jumped in the late 80s about 3 years ago I should have bought
    The difference between the Holdsworth and the 2010 Giant TCR is like the old NAD CDp compared to the Isis

The Giant just goes
    Mike, them Holdsworth's brings back memories, as does Mercian's, agreed about speed of modern bikes,
    how the technology has moved on is amazing, love to be in my teens and starting out now.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Mike, them Holdsworth's brings back memories, as does Mercian's, agreed about speed of modern bikes,
    how the technology has moved on is amazing, love to be in my teens and starting out now.
    The whole package is just so good, the Giant's handling makes the Holdsworth seem like a cross between an RSJ and a truck, the gear changing on the brake levers, the breaking, the sheer speed you can get so easily

Mike

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks also David for your comments but I believe my 'stereo' as you call it, is reasonably good and I also see plenty of live music thanks...

Just a thought and all
    A screaming speaker will scream in any room, even if bass problems in a room mask it a bit. I have been around a very long time you know Bev and have heard several incarnations of the Heresy over the years. Huge fun but I couldn't eat a whole one

I also know the Klipshorns, an ancient pair owned by the late and much missed Tom Fletcher (didn't like those much) and a late 90's pair bought new, which were fabulous, the tiny amount of colouration easy to live with and hear through. Rather better than any of the smaller ones I'm afraid since they had the room filling scale to go with the rest and these weren't wired with foo either didn't need to be.......

As for your speaker cables, your money, your choice and of course where else to share your new found audio fun Just bear in mind, as I've tried to do recently, that what you see as genuine enthusiasm and loads of posting for your new toys can be taken as 'shilling for the brand' by others left 'out in the cold.' Their problem? probably, but I wouldn't take any chances and that's one reason I rarely come here now compared to past months and years...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast