+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvorak

I'm Jack.

The Kertesz set has terrific sound (I have several of the LPs). My favorites are 9, 7, and 2. The Living Stereo 9th with Fritz Reiner is an audiophile favorite.

I like the Szell/Cleveland Slavonic Dances.

The opera Rusalka is similar in flavor, with a famous soprano aria.

The 9th is one of my favorite symphonies, and although it's "from the New World" the best live performance I've ever heard was with the Royal Scottish in Glasgow in 2010.

VPI / JMW arm, with Dynavector 20 (also Technics 1200mkII), Luxman 505u integrated, Marantz 8004 SACD/CD, TAD/Pioneer S-2EX speakers, GIK room treatments

I'm Andrei.

Default Dvorak

To my ears Dvorak is the most gifted melodist ever. I put his 7th symphony as one of the 3 greatest symphonies outside Beethoven.

If you like Choral Music - or if you do not, for that matter - try his Stabat Mater and his Requiem Mass.

His most famous work is the Cello Concerto - if you can get the Rostropovich / Karajan version on LP (not CD) you will be in for a rare treat.

[Bit of repetition here, but hey I'm a lawyer]
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12