+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foot Tapping Returns - SEG Silmic

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

You're best bet is a linear PSU as these don't chuck out spurious stuff unlike SMPS which is what the Caiman PSU happens to be even if it is a reasonable one.

There are a shed load of threads on here about power supplies

All I can suggest is you look for a linear PSU with the lowest output impedance you can find. A laboratory type would suffice, though I'm sure there are others as good but cheaper.

Apologies as I haven't looked myself as I haven't had to go there
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    Consequently listening to Stans new Silmic Gator has taken a bit of a back seat but I gave it a another serious listen to night and have to ask can a new power supply really improve things further? its pretty amazing as it is.
    I'm running an external Paul Hynes PR3 module providing 16V to the Caiman. It sounds considerably better than the included SMPS.

I'm Jerry.

Can we PLEASE have some more information about the Gator Silmic board?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12