+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121

Thread: Tannoy Lancasters

  1. #111
    Join Date: Sep 2010

    Location: Budapest, Hungary

    Posts: 313

    Default

    I am wondering if the connections points in the rotary switches are silver or not?!
    System

    Turntable: fully restored Sony PS-X9 with PUA-9 tonearm

    SUTs: Dynavector DV-6A, Nagatron, Cotter and 72Audio

    Cartridges: too many to list all... BARCO/EMT HSD6, ELAC EMC v.d.Hul (dual layer coil former), Onlife Research (Dynavector) OMC-22, Fidelity Research FR-1MK3F, Sony XL-55Pro

    Tape Deck: Denon DR-M44HX

    Reel to reel: Lyrec Frida mk1 and mk2

    Amps, Preamps, Power amps: Luxman L-570Z's, Luxkit A505, Elekit TU-8500, DIY Kondo M7, Sony TA-N7B, Audio Note kits EL84PP

    Cables: Auditorium A23 speaker cables, A23, Mogami and some DIY interconnects

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Warwick cabinets with modified crossovers

    Power: Accuphase PS-1200

  2. #112
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 2,810
    I'm Hugo.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vencel View Post
    I am wondering if the connections points in the rotary switches are silver or not?!
    Almost certainly not silver

  3. #113
    Join Date: Sep 2010

    Location: Budapest, Hungary

    Posts: 313

    Default

    Find attached some photos about the original layout of the crossover placement and wiring as well as the rotary selector switch from the other cabinet. You can see how dirty they are. No wonder why they degrade the sound so much.
    There is also one photo on which you can see them cleaned.















    I hope you like the photos and convince you to clean yours :-)

    Shuggie!
    Are there any news about your experiment with the cabinet opening?
    System

    Turntable: fully restored Sony PS-X9 with PUA-9 tonearm

    SUTs: Dynavector DV-6A, Nagatron, Cotter and 72Audio

    Cartridges: too many to list all... BARCO/EMT HSD6, ELAC EMC v.d.Hul (dual layer coil former), Onlife Research (Dynavector) OMC-22, Fidelity Research FR-1MK3F, Sony XL-55Pro

    Tape Deck: Denon DR-M44HX

    Reel to reel: Lyrec Frida mk1 and mk2

    Amps, Preamps, Power amps: Luxman L-570Z's, Luxkit A505, Elekit TU-8500, DIY Kondo M7, Sony TA-N7B, Audio Note kits EL84PP

    Cables: Auditorium A23 speaker cables, A23, Mogami and some DIY interconnects

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Warwick cabinets with modified crossovers

    Power: Accuphase PS-1200

  4. #114
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 2,810
    I'm Hugo.

    Default

    No news, since I am juggling a busy work schedule as well as 6 week-old puppies!

  5. #115
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,805
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Hi László,

    I enlarged the picture for you, so people could see the dirt you've removed more clearly!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  6. #116
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Norwich

    Posts: 2,810
    I'm Hugo.

    Default

    Another pair of 15" Monitor Gold Lancasters sold today on eBay for £2333.

  7. #117
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

    Posts: 14,540
    I'm David.

    Default

    If only we'd known at the time..... And old ones can be properly serviced too..
    I can't go on and I can't go back, I don't feel so matter of fact,
    I tried and tried to make good sense, What's the good to try it all again?

  8. #118
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: Derbyshire

    Posts: 9,358
    I'm Josie.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    Another pair of 15" Monitor Gold Lancasters sold today on eBay for £2333.
    Blimey Gov!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

    Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

  9. #119
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: Sarf Lunnon

    Posts: 2,068
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    Just as a matter of interest what price were they new...?
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

    Street photography


    Dave

  10. #120
    Join Date: Jul 2010

    Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

    Posts: 11,165
    I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

    Default

    I'm guessing but less than £200 Maybe less than £100
    Bests, Mark



    "We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •