+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Calling all SL-1200/1210 owners!

I'm David.

Having used the SME309 and Jelco arms both with good cartridges I can say IMHO the Jelco is better. The Denon 103 suits it very well also.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

What's one of these ?
    MCRU Technis PSU
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    What's one of these ?
    well spotted, got an A in english at school, that was 30 years ago though!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    The attic!!! I love my 1200's, I really do; but, if I had a 301 it would NOT be in the attic. I'd be Shindo-ing that thing! Are ya crazé?
    I just noticed this post. Nope I was going to buy a Garrard 401 as a thing it is a thing of much beauty and then common sense kicked it. I have a 309 tonearm sitting on the 301 which needs a but a TLC. I intend restoring the 301 as it needs some TLC. This will form the deck for my valve system (see my signature). Currently its sitting on my bedroom floor. I have many projects on the go like pimping out a playstation one CD player and making lovely new power cables and balanced interconnects for my 1210 setup. So at least the 301 is now out of the attic!!

PS I have a linn lp12 up in the attic as well and that IS staying up there !!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Having used the SME309 and Jelco arms both with good cartridges I can say IMHO the Jelco is better. The Denon 103 suits it very well also.
    Hi Dave

Did you try the Oyaide phono cable with the 309 , If so what did you think ?

Compared to the supplied VDH cable which appears to be very poor .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Hi Dave

Did you try the Oyaide phono cable with the 309 , If so what did you think ?

Compared to the supplied VDH cable which appears to be very poor .
    I have it on here at the moment, 401, 309, oyaide cable going direct to my pre-amp which as an excellent phono module built in (it was an optional up-grade at the time).

The arm when I bought it off SWA had Graham's own tone arm cable, the oyaide just sounds so good I cannot see any need to use another, I have a Jelco one as well but nowhere near as good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364