
Originally Posted by
Shuggie
I know that I paid around the going rate for my 15" Lancasters, but these 12" ones do look a tad underpriced, particularly when you see what Lancs fitted with HPD drivers are going for at HiFi Do in
Japan
If the drivers are good, then someone should snap these !2" Lancasters up!
I paid GBP 1130 for my Lancasters so I think I got a god deal on them. Naturally the crossover needs to be seviced so I am curious about Shuggies findings. I also plan to replace the internal wire to AN or Kondo. I would prefer the Kondo but they are quite expensive so it would be a bit risky (financially) to experiment with them.
First I am going to upgrade the crossover, then the internal wiring.
System
Turntable: fully restored Sony PS-X9 with PUA-9 tonearm
SUTs: Dynavector DV-6A, Nagatron, Cotter and 72Audio
Cartridges: too many to list all... BARCO/EMT HSD6, ELAC EMC v.d.Hul (dual layer coil former), Onlife Research (Dynavector) OMC-22, Fidelity Research FR-1MK3F, Sony XL-55Pro
Tape Deck: Denon DR-M44HX
Reel to reel: Lyrec Frida mk1 and mk2
Amps, Preamps, Power amps: Luxman L-570Z's, Luxkit A505, Elekit TU-8500, DIY Kondo M7, Sony TA-N7B, Audio Note kits EL84PP
Cables: Auditorium A23 speaker cables, A23, Mogami and some DIY interconnects
Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Warwick cabinets with modified crossovers
Power: Accuphase PS-1200