+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IT help needed

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    PS that amp looks bonkers. I take it it appears to be a bunch of class d/class t amps all linked up together and shoehorned into one box? Sounds well bloody interesting!!!!

Butuz
    Cheers Butuz, is that really your name?

Yeah the amp is a bit nuts It's kind of like a Carver Lightstar (google it) so it's super efficient & can supply 7KW RMS per channel into 2 ohms I'll be using an 8ohm per channel combination so it'll be capable of just over 2150W RMS per channel

Trust me in that i'll never have it at that power level... Even though i have 4KW of bass drivers it'd just be too much! There is my reasoning, no matter what i do the distortion level will be so low i'll never have to worry about it.

I like things loud to I hate distortion...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Well i got one of these ethernet hubs & went to register the amp today, turns out i didn't need it as i could do it manually

I'll keep it though as it was only about £7.50 delivered (arrived in 24hrs) as i might decide to play about with this Lake software at some stage...

On a totally different note it just occured to me earlier that one of these amps would make a superb balanced mains regenerator All you'd need is a low distortion 50Hz oscillator & you'd be in business With a peak output of 193V per channel it still looks like it could cope with a 14KW output with +/- 118V RMS output (167V pk) Direct driven as well, no nasty transformer
    Bests, Mark

I'm Andrew.

The key is finding a low distortion sine wave generator.......filtering a square wave isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by flatpopely View Post
    The key is finding a low distortion sine wave generator.......filtering a square wave isn't going to cut it.
    How about this...
    Bests, Mark

I'm Andrew.

Looks good, just don't ask me to build it! My first 555 circuit at tech college didn't work......at all.

I'm not even going to Andrew, i want the amp for 10 - 100Hz duties However as i have mentioned if anyone wants a high powered regenerator then this amp is it. Assuming you feed both inputs & set one to invert via the menu.. Which is incredibly comprehensive!

I find running my front end via a regenerator gets rid of all problems, power amps can run on standard mains as far as i'm concerned

All the best & i hope you have a pleasant weekend chap
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123