+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: My journey through the haze of Hifi

  1. #21
    Join Date: Apr 2010

    Location: Cardiff, S.Wales

    Posts: 256
    I'm Andy.

    Default

    Wow awesome thread and awesome photos!

    You seem to have liked the majority of kit you have had as almost every description reads "great thingumbob but has this or that flaw"

    It looks like you persisted with the MF stuff for quite a while before you finally gave up too

    Butuz
    Quad 99 CDP-2 >> Eastern Electric Minimax Pre>> XTZ Desire AP-100 >> PMC GB1i

  2. #22
    Join Date: May 2011

    Location: Ecosse

    Posts: 45
    I'm Philip.

    Default

    Great thread, really makes me wish I'd kept pictures of my early kit. Miss that Meridian 507 I had now

  3. #23
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: Derbyshire

    Posts: 9,359
    I'm Josie.

    Default

    Cheers Butuz, very nice of you to say.

    Yeah, I actually forgot I'd had them to be honest.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

    Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

  4. #24
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: Norwich, UK

    Posts: 513
    I'm Ross.

    Default

    I didn't want that first post to end, enjoyed that very much :¬)
    Speakers: Kii THREE
    Headphones: Lumin A1 > Simaudio Moon 600i > Abyss AB-1266

  5. #25
    Join Date: May 2011

    Location: ireland

    Posts: 27
    I'm Jim.

    Default

    some really great gear their Joe, loved those dalis & cdp

  6. #26
    Join Date: Mar 2009

    Location: Cork, Ireland

    Posts: 652
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    I have some original QUAD IIs in a box at home. Will I have to get out a new mortgage to get them 'Croft'ed?
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

    Nathan.

  7. #27
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: Derbyshire

    Posts: 9,359
    I'm Josie.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RochaCullen View Post
    I have some original QUAD IIs in a box at home. Will I have to get out a new mortgage to get them 'Croft'ed?
    Give him an email, see how much it would be matey...
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

    Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

  8. #28
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: gone

    Posts: 11,510
    I'm gone.

    Default

    Yup, lovely pics, Joe. And some great kit.

    You called the thread "My journey through the haze of Hifi " ... I suspect your new speaker cables (to be posted today, I hope) will help clear the haze just that little bit more.
    .

  9. #29
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: Derbyshire

    Posts: 9,359
    I'm Josie.

    Default

    Cheers Jerry... Well, I'll give it a go and see what the differences are.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

    Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

  10. #30
    Join Date: Jun 2011

    Location: vancouver,bc

    Posts: 8
    I'm libor.

    Default

    well, beautiful!
    What is that cool stand? That last one with the Thorens table?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •