+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A few shots

I'm David.

I did amend my post to credit you with that comment buddy just before you posted that I think
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Marcos point is that if you found a way to programme a computer to use those tools to make an equally beautiful peice of furniture that peice of furniture wouldnt have the same soul ... An argument that I can see has weight ...
    The counter argument is that there still has to be a human with artistic vision to tell Te computer how to fashion that same peice of furniture ...
    ... The problem is that in many peoples POV the involvement of computers of technology removes the soul ...

I just see the computer as another type of tool ... Whxih is my point ... Soul is in the human ... Not in the tools ... Whatever the tools may be!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    The talent is in the person ... and in understanding how to use the tools ... not in the tools them selves ...
    Absolutely, we can all buy a paint palette, paints and brushes....... but can we paint and create what people would consider works of art?

Photography is a creative art no matter what tools you use to get you to the end product . . .
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Nigel.

Sorry Hamish, missed that (put it down to old age)

Nigel

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    Absolutely, we can all buy a paint palette, paints and brushes....... but can we paint and create what people would consider works of art?

Photography is a creative art no matter what tools you use to get you to the end product . . .
    Exactamundo... That's what I have been saying all along!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    i chose digital because i find it easier ... as do many people ... but it does not make me any less creative ... it just means i am creative in a different way to those who use chemicals ... please try to understand that!
    Lol - calm down, dear!

I do understand that, but I'm not debating this subject with you any further, as the discussion will only go round and round (and ROUND) in circles...

Therefore, these are my final comments:

Regardless of what you say about the creativity of digital photography, I vastly prefer the results with film - and when examining both, I can tell the difference fairly easily between them.

Sorry, I prefer Shaun's images, taken with film, to any images you've posted so far (as good as they are) using digital photography.

I still consider that digital photography is more for convenience than quality. I'm not interested in what's 'easy' - only in what is the absolute best! Quality must ALWAYS come first! And that principle applies to almost everything in my life.

Ok, that's it from me on this thread. Cheery-bye now, shweety

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I should've thought that was obvious. Because what can be achieved is ultimately governed by the functionality of the software. I've already said this.

Any processes involving a computer (such as digital photography) are limited by the capability of the associated software, and what that software is programming the computer (or photographic apparatus) to do.

If film photography ultimately gives a photographer more scope to express his or her artistic talent, via the developing process in the dark room, and understanding chemistry, then artistic creativity is ultimately only limited by one's imagination, which is limitless compared to any computer software....
    Well i had a very simular argument regarding my dislikes for Drum machines over real drum kits & why i disapproved of the DM

I'm Werner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Do you think avatar would have been makeable with a just celuloid?
    Do you consider “Avatar” a great movie? Have a look at Fellini’s “La strada”, it was shot entirely on celluloid in 1954. Image resolution may be higher in “Avatar”, but guess which movie has more impact on the viewer’s soul.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Do you consider “Avatar” a great movie?
    No
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm David.

Nah, avatar is pants ... Ironically, concidering my argument as a whole ... Souless shite ... But that's the overly simple story as much as anything else

One of my favourite directors if not my favourite is michel gondry ... A director who seems to avoid computers for special effects ... Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is probably my favourite film
    Last edited by The Vinyl Adventure; 22-05-2011 at 23:14.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456