+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Martin's

  1. #51
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,805
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Lol - don't they have flash units on digital cameras in Denmark?

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  2. #52
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,643
    I'm Nobody.

    Default


  3. #53
    Join Date: Jul 2010

    Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

    Posts: 41
    I'm Martin.

    Default







    Setup: Turntables: Thorens TD-124 MKI in the original Ortofon plinth with either the original Ortofon SMG-212 with varius SPUs or an SME 3009 primarely using a DL103D (Retipped: Expert Stylus) another TD-124mkI project under way with a new plinth with SME M2-12R. Preamp: EAR 912 Tube Control Center includes a great RIAA and SUTs. Poweramps: EAR 549 Monos 200W Speakers: Lockwood Major, TMG 15" CD/SACD: Denon DCD-SA1.

    Martin.

  4. #54
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,805
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Hi Martin,

    The Lockwoods look great now - I must get mine done! How are they sounding compared to before, after the recent mods?

    I love your room, too - it has nice, cosy, homely feel to it, so I can imagine you have great times there listening to some fine tunes!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  5. #55
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: humlebæk - denmark

    Posts: 20
    I'm ruben.

    Default

    Hi martin kbh - so our mutual friend convinced me to take a set of Lockwood Major boxes for my Tannoy Monitor Golds - can't wait to get them this weekend and hook them up to the EAR 549s - Great to see your set up - that EAR 912 - that is state of the art - nice work on your finished cabs

  6. #56
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,805
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Hi Ruben,

    Welcome to AoS

    Glad you love Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lockwood Cabinets - so do I!

    However, could you please pop into the Welcome area and say 'hello', telling us about your system and music tastes, as this is required of all new members joining our community.

    Cheers and good luck with your forthcoming speaker project!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  7. #57
    Join Date: Jul 2010

    Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

    Posts: 41
    I'm Martin.

    Default EAR 549

    For those who may be interested in the EAR 549 there is a pair up for sale here on ebay...a bit optimistic on the price if you ask me.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230614547403
    Setup: Turntables: Thorens TD-124 MKI in the original Ortofon plinth with either the original Ortofon SMG-212 with varius SPUs or an SME 3009 primarely using a DL103D (Retipped: Expert Stylus) another TD-124mkI project under way with a new plinth with SME M2-12R. Preamp: EAR 912 Tube Control Center includes a great RIAA and SUTs. Poweramps: EAR 549 Monos 200W Speakers: Lockwood Major, TMG 15" CD/SACD: Denon DCD-SA1.

    Martin.

  8. #58
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

    Posts: 14,540
    I'm David.

    Default

    Ummm - I thought big ATC's were for hooligans

    My recent visit to hifi dave showed me how large the TD124 is in actuality (I'd forgotten) and yours is totally dwarfed by the Lockwood Majors

    Sentimentality dictates that I stay with the BBC legacy for now, but of all the alternatives, good vintage Tannoy is never far behind, although the best Tannoys seem to be the huge ones
    I can't go on and I can't go back, I don't feel so matter of fact,
    I tried and tried to make good sense, What's the good to try it all again?

  9. #59
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

    Posts: 14,540
    I'm David.

    Default

    Oooo - errr

    I've just shown the Lockwoods to wifey and she tells me she prefers the look to the Spendors, saying she'd rather have speakers looking more like that but obviously smaller.

    I'm thinking well-sorted Cheviots perhaps, although Berkeleys up against the wall (ooh missus) might be a possibility
    I can't go on and I can't go back, I don't feel so matter of fact,
    I tried and tried to make good sense, What's the good to try it all again?

  10. #60
    Join Date: Jul 2010

    Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

    Posts: 41
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r-l-b View Post
    Hi martin kbh - so our mutual friend convinced me to take a set of Lockwood Major boxes for my Tannoy Monitor Golds - can't wait to get them this weekend and hook them up to the EAR 549s - Great to see your set up - that EAR 912 - that is state of the art - nice work on your finished cabs
    Thanks Ruben..long time no hear no see. I'm sure that you will love and keep the Lockwood cabs...this very simple boxdesign somehow makes the TMG sing.

    That 912 is my pride and joy...love it to bits.
    Setup: Turntables: Thorens TD-124 MKI in the original Ortofon plinth with either the original Ortofon SMG-212 with varius SPUs or an SME 3009 primarely using a DL103D (Retipped: Expert Stylus) another TD-124mkI project under way with a new plinth with SME M2-12R. Preamp: EAR 912 Tube Control Center includes a great RIAA and SUTs. Poweramps: EAR 549 Monos 200W Speakers: Lockwood Major, TMG 15" CD/SACD: Denon DCD-SA1.

    Martin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •