+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: WTD Beresford Optical Toslink

  1. #1
    Join Date: Jun 2011

    Location: cardiff

    Posts: 268
    I'm Tristan.

    Default WTD Beresford Optical Toslink

    I had one and stupidly sold it. Now I need one again please?

  2. #2
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Moved to frozen north, beyond Inverness

    Posts: 2,666
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    I’m not quite sure what you are asking for. I asked an AI system this “what is a beresford optical toslink” for clarification - but while that narrowed it down there is still sufficient ambiguity for this to be unclear.
    Dave

  3. #3
    Join Date: Jun 2011

    Location: cardiff

    Posts: 268
    I'm Tristan.

    Default

    An optical cable to link a transport to a dac via the optical out.

    A coaxial could also work.

  4. #4
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Wakefield west yorkshire

    Posts: 2,032
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clap View Post
    An optical cable to link a transport to a dac via the optical out.

    A coaxial could also work.
    I have a Beresford Toslink cable, pm your address and ill pop in the post
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

  5. #5
    Join Date: Feb 2010

    Location: Moved to frozen north, beyond Inverness

    Posts: 2,666
    I'm Dave.

    Default

    Toslink cables are widely available at lowish prices - see from Amazon.

    I don’t know whether Beresford ones might be better for compatibility or quality.

    A fair number of people seem to think that coaxial digital interconnects are better, but I’ve not noticed an obvious difference.

    I have used both sorts, including fairly long optical cables.

    The glass fibre ones are thought to be better than the plastic ones.

    I had wondered if the request was for a device, rather than a cable.

    Good luck.
    Dave

  6. #6
    Join Date: Apr 2008

    Location: Bristol, UK

    Posts: 469
    I'm Greg.

    Default

    Beresford TOSLINK cable spec.

    homehifi.co.uk/S/tc-3618.htm

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •