+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111

Thread: Accuphase M-60 Love

  1. #101
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    You should be able to buy 22,000uF, 100V electrolytic capacitors of good reputable quality for about £25 each, unless you want either KEMET or Nichicon brand.
    Barry

  2. #102
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    I want the best, Barry. The TDKs are the best option.

  3. #103
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Barry they were £144 each. There's a Chinese website doing them for $75 dollars but to be honest that does seem a little too cheap.

    https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/product...3YO3abJLkz27zv

    I do quite like the fact they are TDK, though. It is definitely in 1975-77 Accuphase spirit. There's a lot of TDK snubber caps in here.
    TDK EPCOS B41456 B9229M600 22,000uF 100V electrolytic capacitors can be obtained in the UK from either Mouser Electronics (£39 each), or from Enrgtech (£28 each) They have dimensions of 64.3mm dia. x 106.7mm high.

    The ones you have bought are TDK EPCOS B41560 A229M600 22,000uF 100V. These do cost £79 each from Mouser and have larger dimensions of 76.9mm dia. x 105.7mm high.

    Have you chosen the latter because they are of similar dimensions to those that you want to replace?
    Barry

  4. #104
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Yes.

    Mouser was more expensive than DigiKey.

    They have UK websites, but both ship from the states and the price includes the import tax. Mouser also stated they have significant shipping delays at the moment.

    Then there's a dodgy Chinese website selling them for $75. Dead risky i.e. probably not genuine.

    Grok and Gemini both came up with this cap as the best choice, followed by Vishay as the 2nd best.

  5. #105
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    So which ones have you bought?
    Barry

  6. #106
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Post #92 the ones I said I would.

    And post #99 even supplies the link.

  7. #107
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    £145 each! Do you think they will better the 41456 versions? I hope so.
    Barry

  8. #108
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    The M60s run very hot Barry. Part of that might be due to the aging ELNAs but I have no direct proof. These have a higher heat rating than the series you suggest. No bad thing.

    The main concern is the sonics after what amounts to quite a big change being undertaken here. But they are screw terminal so they can be resold if they suck.

  9. #109
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Fair enough, 105°C vs. 85°C might make all the difference.
    Barry

  10. #110
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Also, while they are a lot cheaper Barry they simply don't fit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •