+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 113

Thread: What have you been eating today?

  1. #11
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    All looks lovely Marco, save for the Crème Brûlée which I have never liked. Still suum cuique.

    What was the name of the local real ale?
    No worries... I suspect you feel the same about panna cotta?

    I forget the name of the ale. They had a few, which the waiter read out, and I just chose one of them. I like blonde real ales

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  2. #12
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Nice, Justers. I would've liked to have seen what it looked like whole

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  3. #13
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    From earlier... Today's lunch, inside the pub where we were eating, called the cowshed:




    To start, I had the crab & lobster ravioli with a tomato & basil cream sauce:




    Del had the deep-fried pickles with paprika mayonnaise:




    For main, I had the braised beef Bourguignon with creamed mashed potatoes:




    Del had a warm superfood salad:




    Lastly, I had an orange Crème Brûlée with chocolate shortbread:




    Finishing off with a double espresso:



    I had a pint of local real ale to drink and Del had a Diet Coke, as she was driving.

    Everything was lovely

    Marco
    Looks good love those small onions in bourguignon.


    Tonight's make up something using what you have. Using a work colleague of my wife's home reared eggs, which are ace.


  4. #14
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Nice, Justers. They look like great eggs - you can't beat it when they're as fresh as that

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  5. #15
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Bristol

    Posts: 7,357
    I'm Justin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice, Justers. They look like great eggs - you can't beat it when they're as fresh as that

    Marco.
    Indeed. We got them on the 23rd. Three pairs of different breeds and hence different colours.

    This dude that has them only turns up once every couple of months.

    But 30 odd years ago I knew a dude who used to sell me his for a paltry some. They were the best eggs I have ever eaten anywhere in my entire life. Just on another level egg. He used to feed his hens on cabbage.

  6. #16
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Are they organic free range eggs Justin? We get our eggs from the local greengrocer. They are supplied from the farm every day and box them up in the shop.

    Looking up Mari's Eggs on the web, they look to be very reasonably priced: certainly cheaper than what we pay here. Pop-up stalls selling through a 'charity box' system looks radical - ""Vive la revolution"!
    Barry

  7. #17
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Breakfast was my usual coffee with two slices of toast. One with Wilkins Tiptree medium cut orange marmalade, the other with peanut butter and Marmite:



    Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich, and Dinner was sardine on rice with carrot, onion, and tomatoes in a chilli pesto sauce:

    Last edited by Barry; 29-09-2026 at 20:31. Reason: Breakfast picture added
    Barry

  8. #18
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    No worries... I suspect you feel the same about panna cotta and crème caramel?
    Barry, did you miss this from earlier?

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

  9. #19
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 38,004
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Barry, did you miss this from earlier?

    Marco.
    I'm not keen on any custard dessert or similar, so that includes crème brûlée, crème caramel and panna cotta. I do like cheesecake (especially lemon cheesecake) and I do like choux pastry (a relatively recent conversion; before I would dismiss it as tasting like damp cardboard! ).

    And I also like fruit pies: apple; rhubarb; gooseberry and steamed ginger, with some single cream; and will eat a small Christmas pudding with vanilla ice cream on the 25th.

    But in general I prefer fresh fruit: oranges; mandarins; nectarines; pineapple; pears; plums; strawberries; raspberries, and 'crisp' apples (with a largely green-coloured skin, and Breaburn variety - but not "golden delicious", which have IMO no real taste at all!)
    Barry

  10. #20
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 110,829
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Interesting... I like any desserts that aren't too heavy, especially at a pub ir restaurant, with having two courses beforehand; normally I don't bother. I also like fruit pies, apple crumble being my favourite, with vanilla ice-cream or homemade custard..

    I don't really class fresh fruit as a dessert. It's something I normally have either for breakfast, or a mid afternoon snack. In particular I love fruit salads that Del's marinated in some booze!

    The booze bit (white wine) is an Italian thing, otherwise it's sugar and lemon, see here for macedonia: https://www.ciaoitalia.com/recipes/macedonia
    Marco.

    P.S What about tiramisu or zabaglione - do you like those?
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & regulator mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat with Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight. Isonoe feet & boots. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm with Denon DL-103GL in a Denon PCL-300 headshell, fitted with Funk Firm Houdini and Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp and Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp, fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •