+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 516 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516
Results 5,151 to 5,153 of 5153

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Robin.

A wee visit to the local whisky shop.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Château de la Grande Tour, Cuvée Phoebe, Bordeaux AOC, 2022

Located in the village of Saint-Martial in Bordeaux's Entre Deux-Mers. Château de la Grande Tour has been in the Dumas family since the end of the 19th century. The old stone farmhouse once boasted a large watchtower, hence the property's name. Xavier Dumas is today the fourth generation of his family to run the estate, combining tradition and modernity in the wine making.

Château de la Grande Tour is a medium-bodied red with aromas of ripe damson, blackberry, black currant and hints of earthy spice. Look for similar flavors on the palate. Round tannins frame the long, complex finish. Very dark colour with purplish reflections. Bouquet of black fruit with a discreet woody mineral undertone. Pleasant concentration and expressive flavours. An elaborate, complex cuvée that is definitely worth cellaring for a while.

Gold medal winner: Médaille d'Or, Paris 2023

80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14.5% ABV. Drink by end February 2033. About £13 a bottle.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Château de la Grande Tour, Cuvée Phoebe, Bordeaux AOC, 2022

Located in the village of Saint-Martial in Bordeaux's Entre Deux-Mers. Château de la Grande Tour has been in the Dumas family since the end of the 19th century. The old stone farmhouse once boasted a large watchtower, hence the property's name. Xavier Dumas is today the fourth generation of his family to run the estate, combining tradition and modernity in the wine making.

Château de la Grande Tour is a medium-bodied red with aromas of ripe damson, blackberry, black currant and hints of earthy spice. Look for similar flavors on the palate. Round tannins frame the long, complex finish. Very dark colour with purplish reflections. Bouquet of black fruit with a discreet woody mineral undertone. Pleasant concentration and expressive flavours. An elaborate, complex cuvée that is definitely worth cellaring for a while.

Gold medal winner: Médaille d'Or, Paris 2023

80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14.5% ABV. Drink by end February 2033. About £13 a bottle.
    Decent price at £13
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

+ Reply to Thread