+ Reply to Thread
Page 1191 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 191691109111411181118911901191
Results 11,901 to 11,910 of 11910

Thread: Tell Me Something............Anything!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Ignore the above conspiracy theory, its since been debunked as a loadofoldbollocks, but it does seem we're closer to being fried to death, as Britain takes the brave leap into the unknown. Slava Ukraine!
    Picture the scene, 1,000 years from now. The air is finally good enough for the bunker-bound descendants of Putin and his cronies to venture outside for a kickabout. Only trouble is, the football has been deflated for more than 980 years now and nobody thought to pack a bicycle pump. What's worse, the factories that used to make them have been reduced to piles of ash.

I like to think that common sense will prevail - don't underestimate the power of football
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers,

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

If Putin's not bluffing, the UK will be the first to find out. Damn our govt.!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

If Putin's not bluffing, the UK will be the first to find out. Damn our govt.!!
    Well that will come as a shock - us Brits are used to queuing.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We had a power cut last night at 21:00 which lasted until 00:30 this morning. Haven’t had a power cut for years now, and it was a totally new phenomenon for my partner; who comes from a country where power cuts can last for a month and who had never experienced such in the UK. It was probably an accident such as an underground cable being severed, which it was why it took so long for the power to be restored.

When I came downstairs this morning to make breakfast I was surprised to find my PC had switched itself on, and my CDP telling me that there was "no CD loaded".
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We had a power cut last night at 21:00 which lasted until 00:30 this morning. Haven’t had a power cut for years now, and it was a totally new phenomenon for my partner; who comes from a country where power cuts can last for a month and who had never experienced such in the UK. It was probably an accident such as an underground cable being severed, which it was why it took so long for the power to be restored.

When I came downstairs this morning to make breakfast I was surprised to find my PC had switched itself on, and my CDP telling me that there was "no CD loaded".
    Hmm, that's AI for you - getting on your good side by doing things for you without being asked, then next thing it'll use deadly force to keep you from switching it off If it ever says "You can call me HAL", run away!

T'other system:

A/V:

Much of my audio system is designed to be left in standby mode when not in use, thus I can understand why when my CDP 'woke up' without a disc in it the display told me of the fact. But the PC is switched off when not used, so I can't really understand how when the power was restored it switched itself on. Spooky!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

But when you switch off your computer, are you shutting it off at the mains, or just the on/off switch? Because even when "off" there will still be power at the input will there not? That could well be the difference... in a similar way to whenever my Sky box acts up - simply turning it off doesn't fix it, I unplug it and then plug it back in after a minute, my theory being that this minute of no power makes it forget it had a fault.

Off course I may well be mistaken, it's happened before.

T'other system:

A/V:

You could be on to something there Steve. I 'switch off' my PC by selecting "Shut down and switch off" without actually switching off at the wall socket.

Conversely, I switch on the machine using the switch on the front of the tower and then log on with user name and password etc.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

I told you all there'd be nuclear war, and now Labour want us to be the first to receive one of Poo-tins early Xmas crackers, what a fucking state of affairs. Run to the hills!! Or better still go to the continent where there not all suicidal fucking morons!!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

I told you all there'd be nuclear war, and now Labour want us to be the first to receive one of Poo-tins early Xmas crackers, what a fucking state of affairs. Run to the hills!! Or better still go to the continent where there not all suicidal fucking morons!!
    I'm not saying this to make light of your concerns Mike, but I'm not going to let worries about something that may or may not happen affect the here and now for me. That won't change a thing.

Lets all just enjoy life while we can still live it - importantly we can still enjoy our music, well not you Mike, what with the poorly Sugden Getting that fettled should have your attention rather than any sabre-rattling by that shitbag Putin.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread