+ Reply to Thread
Page 1490 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 490990139014401480148814891490
Results 14,891 to 14,894 of 14894

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Steve.

Yeah it was earlier than that when we were watching, about 1966. And before each episode Batman would tell us "Batman cannot fly!" and Robin would punch his palm with his other fist as he replied "Holy broken bones Batman!" Because some of us really were that stupid.

Just read on Wikipedia that it aired between 1966 and 1968, for three seasons. Seasons 1 and 2 aired for 2 consecutive nights per week, with most of the stories occupying 2 episodes. Season 3 got one episode per week, after which the show was cancelled due to falling ratings.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers,

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

'Kojak'

A very young Christopher Walken is the baddie.

Thought I'd seen pretty much all of these back in the 70s and 80s, but I don't remember any of the episodes they've shown so far.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Kojak was massively popular in the 1970s, though there were concerns it was too violent. I didn't bother much with it at the time, preferring Starsky and Hutch which folloewed soon afterwards.

But in recent months it has been back on telly (forgive the pun) just before Minder, so I got to watch it more. I really like it now, decent storylines with heart, frequently funny, and Theo is pretty cool...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers,

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Kojak was massively popular in the 1970s, though there were concerns it was too violent. I didn't bother much with it at the time, preferring Starsky and Hutch which folloewed soon afterwards.

But in recent months it has been back on telly (forgive the pun) just before Minder, so I got to watch it more. I really like it now, decent storylines with heart, frequently funny, and Theo is pretty cool...
    I used to watch it when I was very young because my father liked it but it was a bit slow for me.

I appreciate it more watching it now. There's quite a few where they don't solve the crime or crimes, or there's an ambiguous ending, or sad endings. I like that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread