+ Reply to Thread
Page 3021 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 2021252129212971301130193020302130223023 LastLast
Results 30,201 to 30,210 of 30228

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Dominick.

I'm Adrian.

Electric Light Orchestra – Out Of The Blue
    Label: Jet Records – JT-LA823-L2
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Richmond Pressing

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom66 View Post
    Nice one Dom.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Electric Light Orchestra – Out Of The Blue
    Label: Jet Records – JT-LA823-L2
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Richmond Pressing

I used to have that. Don't know why, but I couldn't get on with it. Must have passed it on, as it's not in my collection.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to have that. Don't know why, but I couldn't get on with it. Must have passed it on, as it's not in my collection.
    It's play now and then album for me, superbly mixed and produced, and very good recording SQ. There are quite a few classic songs on it. I saw them live at Wembley Arena on when they were World Tour with it, the stage was impressive being in the shape of the spaceship on the album cover, at the start lots of build up and white smoke as the top half lifted up to reveal ELO in their glory, impressive for back them. It was a very good concert to say the least.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Black Sabbath – Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Label: WWA Records – ACB 00166, WWA Records – WWA 005
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Club Edition, Repress, Gatefold
    Released: 1973

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

I THINK THIS IS A REALLY GREAT ALBUM; I LOVED IT WHEN IT CAME OUT AND STILL LOVE IT NOW !!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post

I THINK THIS IS A REALLY GREAT ALBUM; I LOVED IT WHEN IT CAME OUT AND STILL LOVE IT NOW !!
    So do I.
    Barry

I'm Mark.

Morning all and I start the day with this 1985 release; the first album following the departure of Roger Hodgson. Now this is not as big a challenge for a band who has had lead vocals from two members, as the remaining member is still a familiar part of the bands sound. The album has many familiar Supertramp traits but there is certainly a more bluesy and more synth element to the sound.

I have all the albums prior to this on either vinyl or cd or both ! However, for some reason I have never got around to buying this untill now. Which in part is due to the good fortune of winning a £100 Amazon voucher for filling in one of those online surveys that you normally bin straight away when you see thr email !

Track Listing:

1 Cannonball
    2 Still In Love
    3 No Inbetween
    4 Better Days - Supertramp, David Kershenbaum, Norman Hall, Allan Sides, Steve Crimmel, Gary Chang, An
    5 Brother Where You Bound
    6 Ever Open Door

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Mark.

Next up and also courtesy of the Amazon voucher is their 1987 release and the last to feature all new music.

The album was a turn of direction of sorts, with most of the songs stepping back from their progressive rock sound, employing synthesised dance beats and rhythms. Chief songwriter Rick Davies later recalled, "Free as a Bird*was an experiment to try and be modern and build it up with computers and drum machines and have people come in one by one, which makes you lose the band spirit a little bit."

Which sums everything up quite nicely. Don't get me wrong this is not a bad album just a different sound than you have known from Supertramp but not as big a departure from what you know as Rush took with Grace Under Pressure !

Track Listing:

1 It's Alright
    2 Not The Moment
    3 It Doesn't Matter
    4 Where I Stand
    5 Free As a Bird
    6 I'm Beggin' You
    7 You Never Can Tell With Friends
    8 Thing For You
    9 An Awful Thing To Waste

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rush2112; 25-06-2024 at 19:09.
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

+ Reply to Thread