+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for June

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Now 18C. A few white clouds have appeared.

Visited the second boot sale of the day - nothing of interest, apart from seeing a dragonfly that had been attracted to my car. (Haven't seen one in years!)
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Now 18C. A few white clouds have appeared.

Visited the second boot sale of the day - nothing of interest, apart from seeing a dragonfly that had been attracted to my car. (Haven't seen one in years!)
    Dragonflies need water to lay their eggs in, and shiny surfaces that may polarise light like cars and solar panels are often mistaken. Goes without saying that this is not good for maintaining dragonfly numbers. Perhaps if you were to stop polishing the car you could be doing your bit for the planet. This is an excuse I'll be using They are such extraordinary animals, and immensely talented in flight. Just read up on their 'motion camoflage', it is amazing!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Supposed to be scorchio today but nothing happening yet.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robin.

17c and dry so far
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Steve.

Very warm and sunny in Preston today, too warm really to be doing groundwork for an outdoor play area at an opening-next-week nursery. And the only place to get a cold drink within walking distance was a cafe which thought it would be a good idea to not bother opening today Fortunately the customer had a slab of bottled water with our name on it.

Still decided at 1pm that we'd done enough today. Got home to find Anita sweating her way through some heavy duty gardening, so now I feel a bit guilty about leaving her to it while I chat shit on here...

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Robin.

Cloudy warm and sticky afternoon
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    now I feel a bit guilty about leaving her to it while I chat shit on here...
    That sounds like something you can get over.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

25C, sunny but too hot for me. It's even too hot for my partner, and she was born in Africa, so you would have thought she would find it normal.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

It never really got properly sunny here, but it is warm. 21C in my living room, it's about right.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That sounds like something you can get over.
    Get over wot now? Sun went in a couple of hours ago. Just hazy now, but the heat is a bit oppressive and the older I get the less I like it. I need more time to get used to it, by which time the rain will be back.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast