+ Reply to Thread
Page 2992 of 3022 FirstFirst ... 19922492289229422982299029912992299329943002 ... LastLast
Results 29,911 to 29,920 of 30212

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Robin.

Just doing a wee comparison between my original MCA copy and the recent remastered release
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A band's debut album is quite often their best, as it is a showcase for their work. Sadly in this case, I found Roxy's first offering disappointing, and only really like "Virginia Plain".
    Barry

It's called "Talkie Walkie" by French outfit Air. The name is on the cover there, though not obvious. I bought it earlier this year at a car boot, missing the front of the case. Unfortunately its shortcomings don't end there - halfway through it skips and stutters, buying itself a one-way ticket to the bin. Shame really, it was sounding pretty good.
    I had guessed, but what I wanted to know was what does it sound like.

I think I would have bought a copy, attracted by Einstein's equations from his theory of relativity. (Don't ask me to explain them - it would take too long; even though time is relative.)
    Barry

Better, much better.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post

Just doing a wee comparison between my original MCA copy and the recent remastered release
    Good one Robin. I have the original MCA release, and like them or not, Steely Dan took a lot of care in the recording studio, so I wouldn't expect an improvement only a difference.
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good one Robin. I have the original MCA release, and like them or not, Steely Dan took a lot of care in the recording studio, so I wouldn't expect an improvement only a difference.
    The presentation is slightly different, but as you said Barry, they took a lot of care in the studio.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Robin.

A really great vocalist
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Giving this another go:

Personally I think Ray of Light is the best of all Madonna's studio albums. Having William Orbit at the controls didn't hurt. He also produced most of her next album "Music", but by then Orbit's production style was everywhere and Madonna, looking for something more distinctive ditched it all and went instead with some French dude.

Think I'll give it a play now.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

A band's debut album is quite often their best, as it is a showcase for their work. Sadly in this case, I found Roxy's first offering disappointing, and only really like "Virginia Plain".
    Totally agree. And Virginia Plain wasn't even on the original vinyl release, not UK pressings anyway. This debut is the only Roxy album I don't have on vinyl, and I'm in no hurry to remedy that... I think "For Your Pleasure" was a massive improvement, and is my favourite of all of Roxy's catalogue. Followed by "Stranded" (next one on) and "Avalon".

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

I too have the MCA first press, and is faultless imo. So I wouldn't expect much, if any, improvement.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread