+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MQA CD

I'm Martin.

Default MQA CD

I have a transport that will decode them, so just out of interest I had a look to see what there was available.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=mqa+cds+...3DB7EFAF817D80

The prices are ridiculous ofc. No way I'd be paying that for albums I can get off of Music Magpie for two quid.

I mean £34 quid for charity shop perennial 'Queens Greatest Hits' lol - but it's surprising how many there are given it was never popular.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

What's a MQA CD?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    What's a MQA CD?
    MQA coding and decoding, but on a CD.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-encoded-cds-yes

It's balls, obviously, which is why they went bust. But I thought I might get one just out of interest until I saw the prices. Thought they'd be a tenner, tops.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Not something I'd heard of before, obviously not quite as amazing as the article makes out
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I had heard of MQA as a recording process, but have not actually heard an MQA recorded disc.

It doesn't seem to have caught on; even less than HDCD. And at the prices being charged, is unlikely to do so. Shame really.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread