+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Note PH10

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Kev, speak to Adrian Parsons at https://audioflair.co.uk/product-range/. He is a good friend of mine and sells them so has loads of experience.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

I've had one for a few years, I don't have the separate upgrade power supply, I run a Van den Hul MC2/SME IV/Michell Orbe and a Miyajima Zero/SME M2-12R/Garrard 301 through it and have zero issues, in fact my Orbe has never sounded better, I also have a Vertere Phono 1 and a Lehman Black Cube SE II here, and although I've never done any proper direct comparisons I've never felt an urge to swap out the Gold Note so it holds its own against strong competition at a similar price point. It doesn't play well with my AT MM due to too much capacitance, so I've only really used it for MCs.

I don't bother with the boost setting, but the non RIAA curves have shown promise with some early vinyl, I'm not sure how useful the implementation on the PH 10 is, but I'd love to have a play with their top phono stage which has a lot of alternative EQ curves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12