+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Totem arros

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    From the photos, I think you´re missing the plinth pieces that , with my Arros, at least came included in the box, ready to attach and they had 4 spikes. Take a shufty at the photos in the 6 Moons.com review. The curious thing is that you were instructed to fix them using some black goo, blutack - like material, also included in the box. The actual plinth itself was just some mdf of about 1.5mm, with chamfered corners I think, sprayed matt black. and oversized c/w the tower dimensions so that the width and depth increased by about 3/4 inch on all sides. They did provide just that bit more stability that was needed and also adding some lead shot in the lower chamber below the rear port also helped a lot.

I also used them with my Sugden A21a and I don´t remember any boom at all but my floor is solid concrete. I very much doubt that a neighbour anywhere has ever been known to complain about the noise. The Arros just don´t represent a nuisance factor which is probably their worst defect - when it comes to changing them, ´er indoors will call any new speakers "bloody monstrosities" because nothing can compare looks and convenience-wise.
    Thanks for the info Chris, 1.5mm seems very thin though for a plinth. I suppose I could just screw any old bit of wood into them, bit of ply may be. BTW to confirm the model I have are 'Sttaf'.
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 24-05-2024 at 20:20.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Sorry mate, I meant 15mm, of course. Never seen a pair of Staafs.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sorry mate, I meant 15mm, of course. Never seen a pair of Staafs.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Not quite a pair.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Steve.

So the woofer's only working on the left side.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Mike.

Stored the Sttafs away for now, gonna use the Lintons in this flat for a few months before I try the Sttafs, so that I can properly assess both. The Lintons do sound slightly different here than in my last place, but I'm not so free hear to play at louder volume so may never really know, the hippies upstairs seem to be in alot.

I'm Martin.

They will probably appreciate some loud rock music then.

I once rented a house that had poxy students living in the basement below my living room.

In deference to neighbours I don't tend to play music before 1100. Sometimes I would put something on maybe at 1130 or 1200 and they would bang on their ceiling (my floor). I always took that as a sign that they wanted the volume turned up, which I obliged.

They got the last laugh though. When they moved out after their three years were up I went down there and discovered there was no separate electricity meter. I'd been paying for their power the whole time.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They will probably appreciate some loud rock music then.

I once rented a house that had poxy students living in the basement below my living room.

In deference to neighbours I don't tend to play music before 1100. Sometimes I would put something on maybe at 1130 or 1200 and they would bang on their ceiling (my floor). I always took that as a sign that they wanted the volume turned up, which I obliged.

They got the last laugh though. When they moved out after their three years were up I went down there and discovered there was no separate electricity meter. I'd been paying for their power the whole time.
    Outwitted by students, that's got to sting a bit

I remember when a mate of mine and his other half rented this slightly run down flat, where his only neighbour was a judo club occupying the floor above. Somehow he discovered that one of the wall sockets didn't go to his meter, so absolutely everything was plugged into it. Fridge, telly, stereo, a variety of appliances... his leccy bills never amounted to more than a standing charge and a few light bulbs. How they never had a fire I've no idea.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Outwitted by students.
    Poxy students.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A friend of mine was troubled by his upstairs neighbour playing music loudly in the evening.

For some strange reason the fuse box for the two flats was just outside his flat. So whilst the neighbour was out, my friend scraped down the fuse wire to about the thickness of a hair. So when the neighbour came back from work, the lights would still work, but as soon as he switched on the hi-fi the fuse would blow.

Not sure if it did the trick, but it certainly gave my friend satisfaction.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast