+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay woes

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Nice….
    Isn't it I doubt I'll be selling on there again
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Isn't it I doubt I'll be selling on there again
    Any thoughts where you would go to in future for selling? I see that "Hifi Choice" has a couple of pages of classifieds at the back - buying/selling the old fashioned way! Free of charge too
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Any thoughts where you would go to in future for selling? I see that "Hifi Choice" has a couple of pages of classifieds at the back - buying/selling the old fashioned way! Free of charge too
    I'd use private exhibitions on here for hifi related items
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I'd use private exhibitions on here for hifi related items
    Well that is a given, though I have in the past had to rely on the kindness of fellow members to do the posting pics thing... But it doesn't hurt to cast your net a bit wider too, I just wondered what the alternatives to Ebay would be.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Kevin.

I sold a bit of HiFi on eBay, and everything went well, except eBay kept my money for two months, as I was a “new” vendor.
    That is the last time I sell through there.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

I've been on eBay more than twenty years and have never considered using it to sell stuff because there's no protection for sellers.

It's okay if you are a professional selling a lot of items and you can make provision for the inevitable losses as a fact of doing business there. But for just selling the occasional high value item? Not a chance. You're entirely dependent on finding an honest buyer.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

I've sold lots on eBay overthe years with very few issues but this has put me right off

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Well that is a given, though I have in the past had to rely on the kindness of fellow members to do the posting pics thing... But it doesn't hurt to cast your net a bit wider too, I just wondered what the alternatives to Ebay would be.
    Amazon? I've never done it but I'm sure private sellers can sell on there?

I'm Mike.

My dad used to sell books via Amazon but he gave up when they dictated the postage costs which left you out of pocket as they always set it way too low compared to the actual cost at the post office.

That was a few years ago so it might have changed since then.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    My dad used to sell books via Amazon but he gave up when they dictated the postage costs which left you out of pocket as they always set it way too low compared to the actual cost at the post office.

That was a few years ago so it might have changed since then.
    Probably got worse, good to know, ta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast