+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Totem arros

I'm Steve.

£200 is mad cheap even with the damage mind.how do they sound Mike?

I'm James.

Mike, open a case with ebay,best way to return them
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    £200 is mad cheap even with the damage mind.how do they sound Mike?
    They sound ok, but I'm not sure whether that crack on the side will get worse over time, I'll try and reach out to someone techy on these forums for advice. I told the seller I wanted to return them as I didn't want a lame duck, and he just said keep them, and refunded me, so he must have known about the fault. So nice to have them to see if I like the sound, and if I do might buy a decent or a new pair at some point. I've also just moved flat so comparing them to my Lintons is gonna be a bit hard at first, as I have to acclimate myself to how the Lintons sound in this flat.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    They sound ok, but I'm not sure whether that crack on the side will get worse over time, I'll try and reach out to someone techy on these forums for advice. I told the seller I wanted to return them as I didn't want a lame duck, and he just said keep them, and refunded me, so he must have known about the fault. So nice to have them to see if I like the sound, and if I do might buy a decent or a new pair at some point. I've also just moved flat so comparing them to my Lintons is gonna be a bit hard at first, as I have to acclimate myself to how the Lintons sound in this flat.
    Result!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

For the minimum fuss I'd just repair it from the outside with some liquid wood. Should be fine although it won't look great.

Don't think I've ever heard that Totem model but not been impressed by the ones I have heard. Whereas I really liked the Lintons.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Wondering what's an easy and cheap way to put spikes into these speakers? Or perhaps just use those rubber pod things? They have 3 small holes in them already, I think for Totem's own brand spikes.

Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Result!!
    Well, saves me returning them at least, that's a huge hassle with speakers.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Wondering what's an easy and cheap way to put spikes into these speakers? Or perhaps just use those rubber pod things? They have 3 small holes in them already, I think for Totem's own brand spikes.

Have a look on Ebay for some rubber feet you can stick on - it's debatable whether spikes are any good sound wise anyway.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Linton's boom less in this flat I think, the Totems slightly less so than the Lintons.

From the photos, I think you´re missing the plinth pieces that , with my Arros, at least came included in the box, ready to attach and they had 4 spikes. Take a shufty at the photos in the 6 Moons.com review. The curious thing is that you were instructed to fix them using some black goo, blutack - like material, also included in the box. The actual plinth itself was just some mdf of about 1.5mm, with chamfered corners I think, sprayed matt black. and oversized c/w the tower dimensions so that the width and depth increased by about 3/4 inch on all sides. They did provide just that bit more stability that was needed and also adding some lead shot in the lower chamber below the rear port also helped a lot.

I also used them with my Sugden A21a and I don´t remember any boom at all but my floor is solid concrete. I very much doubt that a neighbour anywhere has ever been known to complain about the noise. The Arros just don´t represent a nuisance factor which is probably their worst defect - when it comes to changing them, ´er indoors will call any new speakers "bloody monstrosities" because nothing can compare looks and convenience-wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast