+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stoke

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Nice, I always have a pair of Adidas on the go, and they have to be vintage style like those (Hamburg) currently.
    prefer the vintage myself but I do so much walking I need something a bit more suitable for distances.

These replace Dragons which I prefer the look of but they don't stand up to heavy wear. Got less than a year out of them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I do not possess a pair of trainers. Haven't done for the last 12 years or so.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I do not possess a pair of trainers. Haven't done for the last 12 years or so.
    Compulsory at my school so they didn't damage the parquet floors. Worn them ever since.

I keep a pair of shoes at work and change into them when I get there.
    Current Lash Up:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Compulsory at my school so they didn't damage the parquet floors. Worn them ever since.

I keep a pair of shoes at work and change into them when I get there.
    I think you would have to wear spiked running shoes to do any damage to a parquet floor. Or perhaps an ancient pair of football boots with nailed-on studs.

My school also had parquet flooring, but you would have been sent home if you turned up wearing anything than regulation black lace-up leather shoes.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

My hob nail boots weren't allowed. And yet somehow my mate got away with it, and he'd painted the steel toe caps red.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

I think you would have to wear spiked running shoes to do any damage to a parquet floor. Or perhaps an ancient pair of football boots with nailed-on studs.

My school also had parquet flooring, but you would have been sent home if you turned up wearing anything than regulation black lace-up leather shoes.
    Stilettos damage it. Ordinary shoes - I wouldn't have thought so either - but that was the reason they gave.

I think you could wear shoes as long as they were soft-soles. Seem to recall some of the kids wearing 'Kickers' - which was the fashion at the time.
    Current Lash Up:

We weren't allowed to wear stilettos, unless worn with stockings having a perfectly straight seam running up the back!

My school was so strict we would be punished if we were seen out of school in school uniform, but not wearing the school cap.
    Barry

I'm Kevin.

I am getting through more pairs of trainers than I care to think about ever since I started running between 3 to 5 km a day. Decent ones are not cheap either.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

We weren't allowed to wear stilettos, unless worn with stockings having a perfectly straight seam running up the back!

My school was so strict we would be punished if we were seen out of school in school uniform, but not wearing the school cap.
    I think my primary school was stricter. Three of us were caned for running on the way back from church and another youth got caned for 'Not having your tie done up properly.'

Persistently bad handwriting was also punished with the cane. Girls and boys, although girls only got it on the hand, we had it on the backs of our legs.

Nowadays they'd do prison time for that stuff, with glass in their food. But back then we just took it for granted.
    Current Lash Up:

LoL, we did handwriting for homework, had elecution lessons, and were taught Latin and Greek.

Looking back, it's hard to believe how 'old fashioned' it was; but my parents were happy to pay the fees, and it didn’t do me any harm.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast