+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NEBO 14

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    My CD Transport was the NuPrime CDT8 Pro Martin.
    The TT is based on the Lenco L75 mechanism, with a Mission (original) 774 Arm and Van den Hul ONE special cartridge.
    Thanks Ken. I always kid myself that I'm going to remember it all but I never do.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I also have a Van den Hul ONE Special and it's a very, very good cartridge.
    Barry

I'm Vince.

Really enjoyed the couple of hours I spent there. I thought the Alcharis speakers were sweet as and the Neurochrome, ( pardon spelling if wrong) power amps were lovely.
    I was gobsmacked at the Magnapan speakers couldn't believe the bass they produced......and the little amp driving them.
    All in all a very nice time.....thanks Steve and everyone else for their participation.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Looks like you had a great selection of gear there chaps and a great weekend? Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I also have a Van den Hul ONE Special and it's a very, very good cartridge.
    Totally agree, VDH also do a reasonably priced re tipping service if and when I need it.
    Apparently, old man Van Den Hul builds and tests every cartridge himself, I like the special touch, which is the hand written and signed, cartridge specific data sheet in the box.
    He's got to be 80 or there abouts, don't know what we will do when he finally retires.

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Really enjoyed the couple of hours I spent there. I thought the Alcharis speakers were sweet as and the Neurochrome, ( pardon spelling if wrong) power amps were lovely.
    I was gobsmacked at the Magnapan speakers couldn't believe the bass they produced......and the little amp driving them.
    All in all a very nice time.....thanks Steve and everyone else for their participation.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Vince, glad you enjoyed the old Maggies. The little amp Vince refers to is an Ayima AO7, a tiny Texas Instruments TPA3255 chip amp that produces about 75w pc into 4 ohms with the 36V 6A power supply I was using. It was hidden under the white stand at first and we pretended the amp was one in Ken's equipment rack. Then a few folks realised that there wasn't a power amp in Ken's equipment rack and started pointing at the little amp under the stand, so all was revealed. Always fun at at a NEBO event.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Martin.

If anyone's found themselves with some RCA interconnects - black sleeve, WBT plugs - that they don't recall having before - they're mine!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I wrote a little piece on my Progmeister website. Click the link to read https://theprogmeister.com/nebo-14-t...ksmiths-story/

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If anyone's found themselves with some RCA interconnects - black sleeve, WBT plugs - that they don't recall having before - they're mine!
    I left some stuff Martin so i will ask to see if they have been found.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Totally agree, VDH also do a reasonably priced re tipping service if and when I need it.
    Apparently, old man Van Den Hul builds and tests every cartridge himself, I like the special touch, which is the hand written and signed, cartridge specific data sheet in the box.
    He's got to be 80 or there abouts, don't know what we will do when he finally retires.
    The data sheet is instructive, but the cartridge loading is ambiguous. VdH suggests 50 - 100Ohm. With a coil resistance of 9Ohm, a load impedance of 50ohm implies a transformer step up ratio of 31:1, creating an output voltage of 23mV; overloading the phonostage.
    A better loading would be 200Ohm using a transformer ratio of 15:1, giving an output voltage of 11mV and a transfer loss of 0.37dB.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast