+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2000

Thread: Computer Disaster Corner

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got a couple of laptops off this guy. his stuff is good and his prices are ok. secondhand stuff but you can get a better one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/airedalec..._cat=383839119

They look great value Grant, we know a few folk looking for a laptop and don't want to spend much cash. They have used Dell and Lenovo before so I am sure they will be interested.

Thanks for putting that link up.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    They look great value Grant, we know a few folk looking for a laptop and don't want to spend much cash. They have used Dell and Lenovo before so I am sure they will be interested.

Thanks for putting that link up.
    no bother. its a youth and community charity.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I agree. Unless portability is needed, I'd not consider a laptop. Particularly for my poor eyesight, as being able to use a larger monitor is a good thing.

Don't forget, you may still want the ability to play DVD or CD but not have that option in the device being considered. There are USB 'plug and play' add-on devices.
    I would agree with you and Alex, but I really don't have the room for a desktop computer. There's already stuff in every part of this teeny tiny bungalow, none of which we can do without. There's a small space at the side of the sofa, that's where the laptop lives.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got a couple of laptops off this guy. his stuff is good and his prices are ok. secondhand stuff but you can get a better one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/airedalec..._cat=383839119
    Thanks Grant, that's really helpful... Which of those would you choose if it were for yourself? I trust your judgement on this, and they are all affordable

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Geoff.

Well, my PC monitor packed up earlier, good job I could borrow the one from the missus computer. Found another cheap used monitor for sale on ebay 1/4 mile away from me and bought it. Hopefully sorted now!

Can't really grumble, I got near ten years out of the old one and that was second hand .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

I used to use second hand monitors, but when one failed a few years ago I bought a new Benq 24" monitor, I was surprised how much clearer things were to my ageing eyes. After that I bought a 27" Benq for another PC in the house.
    Spendorman

I'm Steve.

When attempting to find my password for AoS, I was asked a security question (presumably to check I'm not a robot). The question was "When setting up a turntable, what does VTF mean?" I replied Vertical tracking force. It came back "You have answered the question incorrectly". I've never denied being a tech-numpty, but really? What should I have said? I tried different combinations of upper- and lower case, but it wasn't having it. So what does it really mean?

Doesn't really matter now, Mrs. P found a workaround and we're all good.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Those questions never seem to work.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I wanted to buy a laptop from the 'refurbished' seller Grant linked to, but Anita had other ideas - as it is a Christmas gift for me (using it already!) she wanted to buy new.

It's a pretty low-spec one,only costing £250. Don't ask me about the specifications, I've no idea. The discussion in the shop was almost entirely between Anita and the shop's tech guy. Now I know how my kids felt when they came with me to motorcycle dealerships

This thing has a lot more buttons and it's going to take a while to get used to it (I've never made so many spelling mistakes), and I haven't worked out how to 'right click' yet, as I found out earlier when trying to include a link.

I don't like change. Maybe I should have got the old one fixed and got a dozen new albums instead...

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

i always fit a mouse to my lappys... much easier
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread