+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auralic Aries Mini + Linear PSU + iFi Zen DAC Signature

I'm Ian.

Default Auralic Aries Mini + Linear PSU + iFi Zen DAC Signature

Here's a bit of a bundle which amounts to a very effective streamer dac setup.

At its centre is the Auralic Aries Mini, which is a streamer DAC except in this case the internal DAC failed so I have been using an iFi Zen DAC Signature bought new by me on the 22/9th. It actually sounds better through this DAC! I have fitted an internal 500GB SSD so you can rip your CD's and load them on to the internal drive as well as connecting to streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify and internet radio stations.

A couple of reviews which also mention the value of the linear power supply.

https://www.hifichoice.com/content/stream-genie

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/aur...-review.13641/

So, the bundle includes:

Auralic Aries Mini streamer - originally £450 new with a working DAC

Auralic ultralinear power supply - originally a £250 extra which does make a positive difference.

iFi Zen DAC Signature, chosen because it is just a DAC, no headphone amp. According to iFi it uses superior components than their standard Zen DACs and comes with the iFi Power X as standard. To my ears it also sounds better than the original Aries mini DAC. £219 new.

Review: https://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...dac-signature/

If you want an excellent Streamer DAC with internal storage the whole bundle can be yours for £450 including UK mainland postage although you are welcome to audition and collect.

It would also be possible to split this bundle. For instance if you already have a DAC you might just want the linear PSU and Aries mini. If you have an Aries mini but would like the PSU I could do an exchange for the standard plug top power supply.

Reason for selling, I was seduced by an Auralic Altair! For those unfamiliar with Auralic streamers the Lightning control interface is superb but only available on iPad/iPhone devices. Apparently there are other ways of controling the Aries mini but I have no experience of them so cannot comment.

I'm malcolm.

I've heard this combination at Ian's and it sounded real good
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Ian.

Thanks Malcolm. This really is an excellent sounding bundle. I tried a couple of other streamers as a replacement including the Bluesound Node and they were not as good as the Aries in my opinion. The Auralic Altair is a bit better but then it should be considering the price differential!

I also forgot to mention the inclusion of an Atlas Element 1m USB cable, new cost £50, as part of this bundle.

I'm Ian.

Aries + PSU sold. iFi DAC Signature, 6 weeks old, perfect condition. New £219, £185 to include UK mainland delivery.

I've now put up a separate listing for the iFi DAC
    Last edited by ianlenco; 06-11-2022 at 16:36.

+ Reply to Thread